Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

Wierd that Sofirn describe it as using 18650.

Your just joining us? Final is #4.

From Aug 16:

Okay, I’ve heard back from Tracy. They are going to do ideas #7 and #8. They are not able to do or maybe don’t want to do #9 and #10. Those two were a bit of a long shot anyway.

Here are their images.

They don’t show the grooves going all the way around the switch area, but Tracy assured me they do. I’ve added it to the above image.

Prototype pics.

Is the rainbow at the outer edge of the hotspot the thing that drives people nuts with the XHP70.2? Looks like there’s no donut so that’s great. The rainbow doesn’t ruin my day.

Right PBWilson, that’s from the flip-chip technology. All the Cree flip-chips exhibit this odd egg yolk aura. I have found though that if you slice off the dome then dice off the phosphor that sits on the substrate around the die, this is virtually eliminated. :wink:

Jason, they include adapters to reduce from 26650 to 18650, guess they know most folks will have the smaller cell so they advertise it. They shipped the adapters in the tubes, all 4 for the complete extension tube and all.

From their AliExpress site…

Usually they say “yellow corona” as opposed to “rainbow”.

I would not say it drives anyone nuts. It’s just an undesired artifact. You get used to it after awhile.

The definition to that hot spot is much to be desired! :wink:

1. is okay. Just hope they go with a stainless bezel.

Agree ,SS bezel will make this looking good.

will the side button glow on or off ? and yeah steel bezel would be nice but if they want keep price down i can understand if it wont have one.

Side button stays lit.

I wish the fins could be deeper. The hotspot looks really nice. Reminds me of the BLF D80. I dont really mind the corona after using so many XHP70.2

Crelant 7”G”10 OP reflector…the best OP reflector I have ever seen…camera phone pic’s do not do it justice, actually stunning when in hand!

Come on Sofirn you can do it! :wink: :+1:

Hi Sofirn any progress of this SP70 give us some good news .

I always make updates when there is something new. I have not heard anything lately.

Thanks Jason ,hope they solve the issue of throw and make this happen soon.

i think you gonna short circuit the led

Naw the reflector centers around the mcpcb and sits below the contacts, been using this light for about 3+ years now… no chorts…If I’m not mistaken it was one of or the first light to have a some what smooth ramping. Not an easy light to mod.

Yep, welcome to the flashlight production process. Nothing, nothing, nothing, then HURRY! We need to start selling it tomorrow!

The amount of hours I have to spend just talking to china is a job in itself (not joking many weeks when things are happening).

LOL, and planning, promises, expectations, and then indirectly via some other people it suddenly becomes clear that they did it another way :smiley: