Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

So slightly OP lost 7.5% of throw and new heavily OP lost 19.4% to SMO that slightly OP is acceptable for me but wonder why their SMO show blue spot and yellow rings while L6 with SMO look fine?

hm so get near 1000m even is a no go then? weird if the convoy l6 with that tiny reflector can get like 500m throw and this a little over 700m only…

Sofirn tells me they measure their lux at only 2 meters. I recommend they try at 5 meters minimum and 10 meters is even better.

Plus to keep using the 21700 batteries. Those are the best that Sofirn has and are probably equivalent to blue/black Liitokala 5000 and Shockli 5500. We at BLF prefer results from the good batteries.

so the light will take both 21700 and 26650 then ?

That was the early goal. It should also include spacers for the 21700. They are a very tight fit with the springs, though.

Sofirn has also taken measurements using lower powered 18650 and 26650, but lumens and throw are way down. It’s a FET driver so good high drain cells are needed to get the best results.

I hope that Sofirn will check the beam and correct focus of the led at further away than 2 meter as well :person_facepalming:

This is what I expected and why I was in favor of the OP all along. OP just looks better and is worth the slight loss in throw for most situations IMHO.

That short of a distance will make the OP rate better and SMO worse usually right? I expect a larger gap between the two when measured further

Said that we need to tell a manufacturer how to measure their product :person_facepalming:
I offered my help for them many times for this project also.

In past testing the difference between OP and SMO is not nearly as big as people make it out to be.

In my own personal testing I generally see a ~10% difference between them on average. Some are 5, some are 15 or more. The beam always looks better with OP though IMHO.

Listening to too many manufacturers. asflashlights L6 went up 26% from OP to SMO

Edit:

I should also mention his mods measured similar lux with the L6.

Have the Sofirn 21700 compared to 26650 Shockli 5500mAh less amps?

there are 21700 with 30/40A so they are just as poweful.

Sofirn does not have any Shockli 5500 or other good 26650 to test with.

I have both, but only one Sofirn 21700 cell so I can’t measure the amp draw in my L6. I have measured the Sofirn 21700 against the big dog Samsung 30T in my modded Sofirn C8F 21700 and it pulls the same amps. 11.7A at turn on and 11.5A at 20 seconds. So it’s a good high drain cell.

I don’t have any FET driven, single 26650 lights I can use to compare the Sofirn 21700 to the Shockli 5500. Sorry.

Who needs a battery tube anyways. Test with C8F and get 2 more hands. Lol

they cant get shockli or even efest to test with how come? is it a problem getting those type of cells in china or?

I tried, but only have 2 hands.

Jason, isn’t your L6 FET modified? Why can’t you test it with the 21700 cell? Should be easy.

Your information is based on your own experience as you have pointed out, and it seems like your own experience is rather limited, so your information is skewed (biased?). There is no way that any of the 26650’s, when installed in a light that can really use it, compares to a Samsung 30T 21700. The 21700 is a beast of a cell and can give tremendous output if the light is capable. Using a regulated driver for comparison between cells is going to show, you guessed it, rather similar numbers. It’s the nature of the regulated driver.

I built a triple XHP-70.2, iJoy 21700’s blew away LiitoKala 26650’s and in turn, got blown away by the 30T. The Samsung 30T is the best performing cell I’m aware of, given a light that can utilize it. Hands down, not even close.

I didn’t say they can’t get them, but they are hesitate to use batteries from other companies.

Also, they said for their SP70 manual they would probably list the specs using their own 26650 battery. These are not high drain cells. They are closer to, or even less than, the performance of Panasonic 3500 GA cells. I think it would be a disservice to list such low official specs, but they have their reasons.

okay, seems weird not want to use other batteries, whats the difference, reputable cells branding shouldnt matter as long as they perform well, was just under assumption they couldnt get it, like testing a car and not having gas… but okay hopefully they have no issues stocking good cells to run tests.