Solarforce l2p vs l2t

Nice to see a solarforce thread here :slight_smile:

And if you prefer a version without any warnings, serial numbers or logos, just ask for one.

I got ā€œpitch blackā€ l2m and l2t for additional 2$

I really like the look of the basic L2P, as well. I bought one in every color they make - but I wish they made more (like Silver, Red, Green, etc.).

People keep referring to the ā€œFoyā€ bezelā€¦.isnā€™t that the B6 stainless bezel? Iā€™ve always loved that bezel. It kicks things up a notch (also adding a little extra protection for the head), without being over the top :slight_smile:

Personally, I really like the serial numbers on all the lights. The L2 in gunmetal grey doesnā€™t have a serial number. I think that sucks. It makes it possible, in instances where I have multiples of the same model (like the black L2Ts), to tell one apart from the other, without actually having to inspect the heads lol.

I keep a meticulously-detailed spreadsheet, for inventory, and charging schedules, for each type of battery Iā€™m using, and notes about any quirks the lights have. It really helps.

I only have sixteen of these Solarforce lights at the moment (I obviously love the flexibility that they offer - especially in P60 options). I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it became fifty lights, by this time next year, at the rate Iā€™m going :D. Life would be a lot more complicated, without those serial numbers.

Of course, opinions vary.

I never thought to merge the L2N tail cap switch and the L2T body. Very cool :-).

Is that a glow-in-the-dark blue button? Where can I get some of those?

Youā€™re most welcome!

Foybezel

Foyreview

MuchmissedFoy

That sounds great. I start testing with the drivers I already got and then I most likely will get a few 8x7135 too. With tiny xp-l I donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother with more than 2.1 A though. Too small contact surface to the base plate to be able to transport that much heat I think. The xm-l2 got more than twice the size in contact surface so that led is most likely safer to run in high currents.

Yeah, the L2N tail cap is very nice. To mix it with the L2T, I think it looks better with the L2N head installed as well. I also like to use the L2N tail on the L2M in short version.

The blue button is just a simple blue one, no glow. I donā€™t know where I bought it, itā€™s been a while. But those are no hard-to-get items.

Cheers!

I got my L2P today and all I can say is wow! :slight_smile: Quality is awesome! Nice pouch for free too. So I put together an 6x7135 xp-l drop-in and got 2A and the host got not very hot. Itā€™s bright enough for me so Iā€™m happy. Will have to see if Iā€™ll get a L2T next time? Wonder if the S10 switch is possible to carry in the pouch with the head up? I think I like head up better.

The look of the 2N tailcap is great. SolarForce, how about selling the 2N tailcap like the 2T tailcap all by itself. Iā€™d like to see the A001 head return.

BTW, has anyone tried the L2B yet?

He was online here 5 days ago.

Could you post a picture of your unbranded L2T?

Nice idea of the company: Save one production step (branding) and get more money.

Thank you, but they look a little bit naked without any letters (especially the l2m). I don't need these on the tailcap or the head, or the serial number (only, if it is a great one like 1-10 or 1000), but a Solarforce Logo on the body is something I like.

I know this is a long shot but does any one know where i can find the A0001 Head still available? Ill take used or new. Thanks

Iā€™d be very interested in locating some if these, as well. The A001 head is superb. Why did they stop making them???

Thanks for showing the L2T Stainlessā€¦ Now Iā€™ve got spend $50 on an empty flashlight body :money_mouth_face:

And again ā€¦now with the triple! 8)

That thing probably has some heft to it.

In the U.K. one of the better online stores was selling them with a ā€œTactical Bezelā€ at Ā£25 The bezel might have been why it was dropped, me, I like it, coat the inside edges with glow in the dark paint and watch it, erm, glow in the dark. :bigsmile:

Flashaholics they had some in stock about a month ago but are sold out now.

Flashlight.nu I got as far as putting one in the shopping cart. Iā€™ve not heard of the store before so it would be worth checking out before ordering, came up on Google about six from top. ā‚¬22.99 complete with large bezel.

I have a couple but Iā€™ll be keeping them. :slight_smile:

If itā€™s lanyard rings you want then dcshe on CPF is a good source, I bought a couple of titanium ones from him, looks like he does Damascus now as well.

Flashlight.nu I got as far as putting one in the shopping cart. Iā€™ve not heard of the store before so it would be worth checking out before ordering, came up on Google about six from top. ā‚¬22.99 complete with large bezel.

I remember coming across this place last time I google searched it. Iā€™m very tempted just to place an order and cross my fingers. Lol.

[/quote]
I remember coming across this place last time I google searched it. Iā€™m very tempted just to place an order and cross my fingers. Lol.
[/quote]

They seem to be very rarely on sale now, might be worth getting a price for 10 incl P&P :star: Re-sell for a small profit may pay for a couple for yourself for taking the risk.

I just tried to place an order on my phone just now and United States is not an option for country when youā€™re filling out the information to check out. Iā€™m not sure if they just donā€™t deliver to the US or Iā€™m just an idiot??