Sold out: $20 HD2010 & $15 Convoy C8 copper pills

Premature illumination?

So I ordered a new reflector, the one tom E linked as the good one. It is specified as 31mm the one I ordered as 31.5. Not sure if these measurements are accurate but we will see. I will also order some spare U2s just in case…
I will rebuild it in some weeks…

I let it now with half mm gap on the bezel and will play a bit, as it’s getting dark :bigsmile: heat transfer is good but it takes a while until the beefy copper has warmed.

How much lumen should a dedomed xml2u2 output at 4A.? Around 900lm?

I'm thinking slightly more - 950 - 1,000. Usually it's 20% loss for de-doming. My Convoy C8 w/dome at 4.2A does 1,363 at 30 secs, with a Sam 20R of course Smile. Can't seem to find my measured #'s on de-domed C8's, and I don't have one right now... Yell

Depends on how I “calibrate” it…
I calculated 960lm if my olight i6 makes 400lm…

I use the lg3000D1 charged to 4.35V, despite twice the internal resistance the high voltage is a huge benefit, I feel it is falling out of regulation slower with them.

Just tested a 20R gives maybe 30lumen more which is below my measuring inaccuracies.

Could you guys tell me if the copper C8 pill would accommodate an MTG2 and the zener modded driver from mtnelectronics. It seams like it would be a nice fit and run on a pair of 18350’s for a couple of minutes.

You would need to make the reflector and star fit, but it could be done.

after opening the the reflector, the emitter would have to come up a bit to use the reflector more efficiently right?

Not necessarily Scotty. The reflector should sit down on the centering ring used with the MT-G2. The biggest problem (not really a problem but a bit of a chore) will be cutting the 20mm star down to 16mm for the C8 pill. After that it’s all semantics.

2 18350’s would run it in the stock set-up, although not for very long. You wouldn’t really want to run it very hard in this small light, and therein lies the next problem. Stepping down from 8.4V to the 6.3Vf of the big emitter requires the chips to burn off some heat. So if you’re only running the stock 8 chips of a 3.04A driver those 8 chips have to burn off the entire load themselves, they’ll heat up and the output will drop very fast. Stacking more chips to give more output helps the chips handle the difference, but then you’ve got that much more heat for the host to handle. This is quite a lot of copper, but I’ve run the MT-G2 on a 3 ounce plug and it still really needs more. So there are issues, but not insurmountable ones.

Have fun!

If you switch to an Ultrafire C8, VoB's copper pill is made for a 20mm star.

Thanks guys. I’m leaning more toward a C8 build. I thought Ryan’s pills accommodated a 20mm star. I think I saw VOB’s pills at E2 Field Gear… My wife bought me an MTG2 Zener driver loaded up for 5amps for X-Mas so heat is happily going to be an issue.

Form filled out, PayPal sent……again. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ryan!

Hi there, a lurker here. I ordered a HD2010 pill, looking forward to using it!

Got the form and PP, thanks.

Let me know if you want the max copper edition or the extended driver version. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I need the extended driver version, so the max copper one should work for me I guess.

Noted. :slight_smile:

I’ll ship it out in about 13 hours.

Hey Kelsey, I just shipped out your pill! :slight_smile:

13 hours and 9 minutes, that’s impressive! :slight_smile:

Haha, thankfully the post office wasn’t too crowded. :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks! This will be a first- I don’t think I’ve ever gotten anything from Korea before! :wink:

I got a Hyundai! Not in the mail, though.