SOLD/SHIPPED: Copper slug for Ultrafire C8 And Uniquefire T20!

Ok everyone, I have finished the batch.

All the orders I have received are packaged up and will ship tomorrow.

What NOT to expect:

Please bear in mind that I dont have a mill. All of the wire holes have to be angled and were drilled by hand. The notches for threading the pill in were also cut by hand. So please understand they are NOT cosmetically perfect.

What you CAN expect:

I put a lot of time in these to ensure the best possible quality in the areas that I think matter most. Number one is threading.

As you can see the threads are very clean and uniform. I have tested each and every single one of these to make sure they thread in like butter and run all the way down. This also ensures a superb thermal path from the sink to the light, which you CAN FEEL!!

With the amps run high ( over 4) you will immediately FEEL the light body get warm and then hot.

The height of the lip on these is taller than a factory pill because it makes it easier to grip in the lathe. They still work with the C8 reflector exactly the same.

Also the surface where the MCPCB sits was fine tuned AFTER all the drilling was done. This will create yet another exceptional thermal junction with proper reflow or epoxy.

FOCUS:

The height where the LED sits is as close to factory as possible. I have tested these with both C8 and T20 lights and in the ones I have they work perfectly.

Conclusion: I have tried very hard to think of everything that could be an issue with wide scale use of these and spend many hours to try to make sure these will work for everyone. However if for ANY reason you are unable to make these work in your personal light please PM me and I will either re-cut, replace or refund if necessary.

I mean it if you are not absolutely 100% thrilled with your product dont hesitate to contact me!

The thread has been marked as SOLD OUT for now because I want to field this batch before I consider another one.

The following orders leave tomorrow. If a BLF handle was not given in the notes buyers will be identified by first name and last initial.

1. Oscar T x 2

2. Troisanh x 2

3. dthrckt x 4

4. Tom E x 2

5. Pulsar x 1 + Mag sink

5. Cateyes x 2

6. Mulie x 2

EDIT:

7. crnkin x 8

If you have paid for product and do not see your name here please contact me.

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to seeing what awesome things you create!

Wow!! Thanx Again!! A lot of detailed work there...

cant wait! should have got two, as i will probably end up with another c8 at some point, but only one for now. got hobby funds spread out too thin lately

lets play a little game
post what exactly these pills will be going in to, along with any and all mods

mine is going in a UniqueFire c108, ar lens, smooth reflector, xml2 t6 on a 20mm sinkpad, im thinking of the 4a ramping driver gords likes… and a blue boot ta boot

Pm’d as didnt see my name listed.

Good idea with the high pill sides - extra heat sinking so close to the source will be great :slight_smile:

Chris

vestureofblood, if you’re considering another run would it be possible to have one with a driver cavity that fits ~20mm buck drivers like this (minus the larger contact board)?

crnkin,

PM replied I will get you taken care of as per PM.

Slim,

I actually made one to use that driver back when I made the prototypes for these. It does work. I removed the slave board from the bottom. It fits the T20 perfectly, but its a pretty tight fit to get this in the C8 along with the added length of the 18350s.

I will think on it a bit while we wait for the report on this batch.

Cool. I’m looking forward to hearing about people’s builds with ’em, too.

just got mine today!
not sure if i will get around to flowing the xml2 and sinkpad to it tonight though

edit: sinkpad no good. first attempt at reflow failed. used a butane torch to heat the under side of a piece of sheet metal with the star on top of it to get the pads tinned, and as i was tinning i was not paying attention to the torch underneath… peeled the dielectric layer up. DOH. now i smell like magic smoke and no sinkpads… at least i didnt cook my xml2 t6…

Got mine today along with the SinkPAD's - thanx! They are heavily tarnished though, actually looks like antique brass but with a copper color to it. Any suggestions to clean them up? Would regular metal polish be ok? I don't know if it matters, because that translucent alloy for the flashlight body hasn't been invented yet, so it won't be seen (), but not sure if the tarnish may effect electrical conductance or not. Maybe a treatmemt could be applied to protect it? I haven't seen this before in copper I have and ordered - (pipe, heavy wires, copper discs, etc.).

I have a piece of 3/4” copper pipe that’s been outside for 6 years, it’s brown. I’ll dunk it in lemon juice and test the myth….will report back.

Yes, 6 years. I was in the act of building a house. Investors made off with over 20 million in funds from their members and of course my funds disappeared too. The house forms with copper plumbing ready for concrete sat for 6 years before I finally stripped the copper out and sold the acre. :frowning: 37 hand planted trees, carefully watered and nurtured til they were growing on their own. Also gone. But I do have this old brown copper…

Edit: Obviously this copper is very aged, very brown. About 10 minutes sitting in a shot glass of RealLemon lemon juice…nothing else…and there’s an obvious difference. I took a pic and will leave it sitting overnight and take another. Will show the results in the morning.

Ketchup works, too, as will vinegar. Though neither smell great compared to lemon juice.

Hmm must have got a bit of rain on the package.

I’d try lemon juice first.

For cleaning my rifle brass theres a home made solution of simple green, lemon juice and a drop of soap, works fine for brass so I assume might also work for copper?

If you get stuck google ultrasonic brass cleaner solution and it should come up.

Ill be doing mine when they arrive if they are in the same state. Got an ultrasonic cleaner for $50

Chris

It's no problem at all, really, the packaging looked well done in a plastic bag, and looked clean - thinking maybe he used a degreaser or something from the build process that could have caused this in a couple of days, because they were only made 2-3 days ago. Interesting to hear of others, maybe VOB has some ideas. I got metal polishers or could try the lemon juice too - no time last night to try anything yet.

The lemon juice, all by itself, does the job. But…if left to long it will etch the copper for a fine bead blasted look. That’s up to you whether you like that or not.

First, about 10 minutes in the juice…

Now overnight, about 9 hours in the lemon juice. This is just RealLemon juice in the bottle that’s kept in the fridge for tea and such.

And a few passes with Wright’s Brass Polish (some 40 years old) and a paper towel. Literally a couple of minutes work…

Finished with a few minutes of a German polish called Wenol. Kept it taped off to see start to finish results. Notice too that I taped off and tried to polish a strip of the tarnished copper with Wenol alone, it brought the surface to a shine but didn’t readily clean it.

Freshly squeezed lemon juice will more than likely be stronger and work faster, especially with a piece that doesn’t have this level of tarnish. This copper was literally outside in Texas weather for over 6 years. We’ve had everything from a record setting 100+ days of over 100º to snow and ice. The ultimate weathering of a piece of pure copper! Nice results, I’m pleasantly surprised!

Probably shouldn’t drink the green lemon juice, what do y’all think? lol

bah - glue it back down and use it anyway :wink:

Doesn’t a peeled dielectric layer add to the throw? :wink:

A vinegar / salt mixture will nearly instantly turn tarnished copper shiny again.

I got mine yesterday, they look great. Thanks.

Were they tarnished?