Sounds like Nitecore released new innovative LED

Hi everyone
Nitecore asked me to share this news with you.
Oh man, mow I fully realized how bad I am at making “news” posts. I am just sitting here and thinking “Ok, I said “Hi everyone”, so… what should I say next? Well…maybe…no…or…no.” :sweat_smile: Really

AAAAAnyway

Let me show you this beauty

There it is! Look at it! Just look at it. I know you are not looking, look now. Don’t you dare fool me!

In case you missed it, there it is again

I know I know, you are probably thinking “Ok mate, but where’s the innovation?”

I T     I S     R O U N D

One day, a Nitecore engineer showed his concept to headquarters and they were amazed.

This is real security camera footage from Nitecore headquarters:

Then they presented all the benefits from making this square yellow blob, called LED, round.

Let me break this complicated pile of words for you:

“With a tiny size (…) of only 2.26mm2” - Ok, so it will be small.
“Compared with LEDs of the same power, it is 41% smaller and its light density is increased by 43%…” - So we have two LEDs of the same power. UHi is 41% smaller (the same power) and light density is increased by 43%. Not amount of light, but light density. So those two LEDs might have the same brightness, but the UHi is smaller with about the same brightness. To be fair, it is 2% brighter, because 41% smaller and 41% denser would mean it is just smaller, but it is 43% denser, so on top of making it smaller they made it brighter.

Good stuff, now make it bigger and we end up with something like this - 120k lumens, 2kW of power

Are there other benefits of round LEDs?
Maybe this one:

Key sentence from this: “range reaching 50% of an LEP flashlight”

How will the new UHi LED perform? What about its brightness, tint, CRI, light pattern, useability, what other jokes I can make on it?
You’ll see, because the first Nitecore UHi LED flashlight will be launched in August. And I’ll review it.

Oh, and I forgot to add links :man_facepalming:
https://flashlight.nitecore.com/About/detail/ad/1877

1 Thank

Looks like you got scooped! :+1:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/nitelab-launches-ther-new-emitter-uhi-led-ultra-high-intensity/219388

Oh well…
I still like my approach on the topic more :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Thank

Yes and no, thank you for posting it.
The scoop @raccoon referred to told us about the properties of a new led, but not where/when to expect it.
So now we have the whole, and that is greater than the sum of its parts (Aristotle).

2 Thanks

:grinning:

You know, for kids!

Hopefully it’ll be better (e.g. not green) like the one in the MH40S…