STARTED: GBGB: Stainless steel AAA clicky with a clip (CQG S1 "clone")

Mine were ordered July 7 and got here August 8, I think they will start showing up for others soon.

Nice mod Tom E, I don’t see how you guys can solder on things that small. By the time I got through with it, the led would have been dedomed by the soldering iron.

my 2nd showed up about a week after the first one (both ordered same time).
The NW is really yellow/orange-ish. I much prefer the CW. Let kids used them for
an overnighter and the NW is already lost.

@GearBest

Hi. I replied to your PM. I need clarification. Thanks.

Thanx! I'm trying to figure out why the amps went nuts. I mod'ed the 2nd one I got, but this time just replaced the emitter to the XP-G2 S2 2C, using the existing alum star and stock wires. Also added GC Extreme under the star. So, on this one, I'm measuring 0.9A or so and getting a more modest gain (~200 lumens at start) of output, but in the much better 2C tint.

Haven't traced thru the driver, but there is continuity on the neg wire at the LED and the flashlight body. That's a little different from most drivers, where usually batt + is direct to the LED. I think on the high amp one, I got some sort of short - actually I know the neg. pad on the SinkPAD is shorted to the bottom of the SinkPAD, but didn't think it would hurt much since it's grounded anyway. The wiring is pretty snug of course, so maybe the 24 AWG wires are contacting something on the driver they shouldn't be.

Hi meti&sunnycoaster,

PM sent and hope my answer could help you, any other issues you can ask me in PM.:slight_smile:

Hi jopat,

PM sent and you can ask me in PM if there is any other issue.:slight_smile:

Hi locusto03,

I’ve no idea if you have solved your problem, if there is any issue you can PM me with your order number and I’ll help you.:slight_smile:

This XP-G2 S2 2C: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1682200 is about perfect for this light, in my opinion, and only ~$2.50 each - I paid $2.23 in qty 5. It's a bump in output and much better tint - more of a pure white.

Happy to report I have received my NW and CW lights.
Ordered both on 8th of July , notices by Gearbest that my NW was sent earlier on 15th and CW later on 18th of last month but received my CW first, on the 7th whereas my NW reach my doorstep only today. NW sent earlier by 3 days but received later by one week , difference a total of 10 days.
Anyway after the waiting, I am still please with this purchase , for the quality with the amount paid.
Thanks Gearbest.
Minimoke.

For member who have not receive I think we should give Gearbest some more time .

Received today the first order, purchased on July 7 and shipped on July 10.
The tint is not neutral, it’s warm… but it is very good!!

The worst… It has a large dent in the switch button.

You people are evil!

I have 4 of these on the way. My plan is machine a new copper pill with the lathe and mount an XP-L on copper sink pads. :slight_smile:

Finally got my NW version, and I’m really impressed. Build quality is good, output is good and I love the WW tint. It’s warmer than anything I own and that’s a plus for me. The clip sucks, though.

Pulled one of mine out of the laundry today. Still works like new.

Place two separate orders this past week and when I go in to check on them they both have been canceled. Any one know why?

You have too many flashlights, this is an intervention?

Even with forewarning this is very warm.
S’okay, these will end up either gifts, or stored with Energizer Lithium Advantage AAAs in the earthquake kits.
Once I let someone pry it from my … oh, wait, I’m surrounded by flashlights … how did this happen?

Don’t mind the warm white. Plenty bright with an Eneloop.

Here’s the spectrum: SpectralWorkbench
Spectrum taken using the $40 version of the kit spectrometer from http://store.publiclab.org/

It would be nice to have a true neutral — guess that’s for the modding eventually.

Begins to be noticeably warm in the first third of it (3cm out of 9cm) at the emitter end after about 10 minutes or less, so it’s not going to be a longtime area light for emergencies — no surprise, I know stainless does not conduct heat well.

Still have not got my nuetral white one in yet but from listening to ya’ll talk about yours I will probably be gifting it anyway. My CW is more like what I call NW and is nice. Just don’t care for WW.

Just an FYI the dome of an XP-L doesn’t fit the reflector and its so small there isn’t much to open up, it can be done but you might be better off starting with original S1’s from CNQ, that’s what I did for my XP-L GAW lights.

As for the pill, it’s not a bad design, 10mm sinkPAD’s can be filed down to fit and soldered to the pill, in a ti my little SS body like these once you do that to the pill it’ll be so much better than stock the body it’s self will be the weak point. Machining your own pills is way overkill.

Thanks Cereal!

I might do some overkill. :slight_smile:

In the case of the XP-L being to big, maybe I will dedome it and see what happens?? I will update here when the time comes…waiting……

I just modded someones triple XP-G drop in with three dedomed XP-L’s under a carclo optic and it is awesome!