STARTED: GBGB: Stainless steel AAA clicky with a clip (CQG S1 "clone")

Hi antiparanoico,

Really sorry for the defective and do you mind to PM me your order number? I’ll post your picture to our customer service to help you resolve this issue :slight_smile:

Hi max,

Could you please PM me your order numbers that have been canceled? Maybe I can check some informations for you :slight_smile:

PM sent.

Got the last of my orders yesterday, 3 CW. They didn't have a logo. Thank you _the_ for arranging this GB.

Been EDC'ing a NW since I got it. Still really liking this light.

Saw some Aleto clones of this as well on ebay, already having one on mailing in progress to me. hope its a decent thing.

If anyone is thinking about these singfire’s vs original S1’s I’d say the clone singfire is a much better light, other than the emitter than came in them (CW XP-E2’s in the S1’s) everything else was better on the singfire. It has a machined bezel that screws on (S1 has a tiny brass press fit bezel ring) and the singfire has a real pill, its hollow but with a solid emitter shelf (the S1 only has a single piece of brass tube pressed in the body tube that the driver and emitter MCPCB’s just sit on).

The S1 has a forward clicky but with a 3-mode driver (H,M,S, 30/8Lm and horrible PWM on low) where the Singfire has a reverse clicky and single mode (they cant be swapped, one is slightly larger threads, I forget which way it is but one of their tail’s fits the other but not the other way). The singfire’s also include a clip, not so with the S1.

The ONLY plus I’ll give the S1 is a slightly better reflector, both in finish and design/overall quality, with the singfire reflector I have to be worried its going to fall off the desk and bend or I’m going to look at it wrong and its going to flake off, the S1 has a surprisingly good quality reflector and it even fit’s an XP-L dome, the Singfire’s does not, its got a tiny opening that hardly fits down over the XP-E/G dome.

I’ll try to get some pictures of them next to each other today but dont know if I’ll have any time. All in all I got them for the same price but I wish I would of gotten the singfire’s and paid extra to have them engraved for my GAW lights.

ordered 2 more, makes a total 10 now

Just got my other 4 NW in the mail today. Ordered on 7/19, arrived on 8/18. First one I ordered arrived much faster, but it is what it is.

All work great. Only had a small issue with one of the switches not working as good as it should, but I popped the switch out of the tailcap, stretched all the springs out a little and put it back together. Works perfectly.

These will make some great gifts this Xmas :slight_smile:

PM sent with 3 order numbers.

Only thing I miss on these is a tiny little hole in something to attach a lanyard or a ring or glow-in-the-dark keyfob.
The pocket clip could have a hole drilled in it, I guess.

And down at the bottom of a bag’o’stuff I found a little black metal ring with a tiny tab with a hole in it — came with a Preon long ago — and it fits perfectly over the threads on the tailcap of this light, barely bigger outside diameter, so I can attach something to it.

Because, uh, it’s easy to set it down somewhere …

Anyone know where to get more like that or equivalent?

(Yeah, I know one of these would fit, but that’s overdoing it)

No idea where to get something like that but I have a .412mm 4 flute ball mill on the way specifically to attempt to bore a hole in the lip around the tail button for a small split ring.

@GearBest

This is the 6th week and I still haven’t received my order. :_(

Please report on the drilling attempt , this light would make a great zipper pull on my float coat . That was what I had planned and bought 2 but gave them away already, got2 more coming and will try to put a split ring in 1 :slight_smile:

I found an electrical “ring terminal” almost the right size — filed out the inner diameter slightly so it goes over the threads, and that gives a nice attachment point.

Looks something like this: http://www.wiringproducts.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/ringterminal12-103-piecenylon-insulated3-8stud_200x200.jpg

The one I found in the electrical misc. drawer is copper with some kind of silvery (tin) coating, so I expect I can cut off most of the crimp connector, and solder the remainder into a solid loop that will take a lanyard or split ring.

Works out only slightly clunkier than the little Preon ring attachment.

Here’s something that looks even simpler and better (don’t count on this being the right size, but it looks likely)
if I can find them at the local electronics shop:

http://www.talonix.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=10815
solder lug attachment made of brass with tin coating

Picked up my 2nd shipment of 8 more of these just now at the PO - so far they look good. One had a loose switch - need to look at it if it's a problem or not.

Monday will be 45 days since shipping… May I consider it lost?

I’ve received mine wednesday. The button got an almost identical dent in it as posted earlier. Will post a picture later.

Still hasnt arrived……need to check the calendar because its been like 60 days or something stupid. I let the paypal case close since I forgot about it but even if I did move it to a claim, doubt I would have got anything to begin with since “I didnt spend the $6 to get tracking on a $5 flashlight”

Wonder who else hasnt gotten theirs yet and if GB will stand by their word and either refund me or send another one free.n…

I ordered all 8 in "natural" (NW), closely inspected, popped in a UF 10440 (crappy fire) in each and tested output -- all matched or very close, about 80-85 lumens @start. They are definitely a warm tint - you can tell simply by looking at the color of the LED dye.

One has a slightly loose tail switch, but other than that, pretty much perfect, so I'm 10 for 10! They will all get a decent emitter though - something in a XP-G2 or XP-E2. Might experiment with a XP-L, not sure yet - might need a widening of the reflector hole.

The first two I did with a XP-G2 S2 2C and they came out great! One was a trimmed SinkPAD, but think it was pretty much a waste at these low amps, but in theory, it should not get as much heat sag - better when running on 10440's.

My order was “shipped” on the 11th September 2014, it’s still nowhere to be seen.