Suggest me a bad ass thrower with a "wow factor"

It don’t from what I can tell.

and run it on high for 30 minutes I’m expecting to pick it up by its head without leaving fingerprints as a new logo. 8)

you’re over-thinking it.

Get an ITP a1 or Olight I1 and put a li-ion in it. It’s insane how much light they produce for the size.

People expect a dim glow out of it and you’ll blind their __ses when you turn it on!

Well it's pretty much same as TN31, and after 30 minutes it's not hot at all (just warm).

Take this advice and spend the extra $8. At $108, this light is so good its almost silly.

Spend the extra $40 and get a TN31.
Like a K40 but BIGGER.

See the TurboBB’s review here: Review: ThruNite TN31 (XM-L U2 | 3 x 18650)
and picture here: Review: L3 Illumination K40 Thrower (1 x XM-L U2 | 3 x 18650)

All the more reason to get the K40.

For >$100 you’re into 50W+ HID territory.

I just received my Trustfire X6… I love it! Can easily be found for under $100

ThruNite Catapult V2 XM-L w/ AW cells for $100 here:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?278932-FS-ThruNite-Catapult-V2-XM-L-w-AW-cells

Both the K40 and the Crelant 7G9 will blow the catapult away.

The 7g9 is only $80 at MDlightsource right now, regularly $150

If this thread was posted before the 15th of november, he could’ve spent an extra $2 and get the btu shocker.
Like a TN31 but BIGGER.
He can still buy it though, except it goes for $199 since he missed the pre-release sale.

So within the 100 USD budget the forum says
Crelant 7G5 (with a collimator head)
or
Crelant 7G9
or
TK40

So does the 7G9 outperform the 7G5 both without and with a collimator head?
From what I understand the TK40 kicks the Crelant 7G9’s butt?

Just look at the reflector size for how a well driven light is going throw.

I used to own the TK40 and it was 600 lumens with an MCe emitter, it was no thrower. The TK41 is in the 50k Lux area, and its over $100 so I didn’t think you were going that route

The 7g9 looks like it’ll out throw the 7g5 without the collamitter head, but with the collamitter head the 7g5 may win

No, the TK40 doesn’t kick the 7G9’s butt, in fact it’s the other way around.
As agenthex said, look at reflector size and how the LED is being driven. Bigger reflector = more surface area to bounce light forward, and higher current to LED = more light to illuminate things.
Also, another thing is to look at emitter size, the smaller the emitter the better it throws.

Even though the 7g9 throws fairly well at 65kcd, a 7g5 with collimator head will out-throw it by far, but with an image of the emitter which isn’t very useful for anything except blinding people.

anyway i haven’t been looking at recent lights, so I can’t recommend a light under $100.

Dude, the TK40 is an MC-E, not even considered in league with XM-Ls. The 7G9 is a thrower with a 1,020 lumens. TK40 is 553 OTF, or so I’m told.

My votes: HD2010 or Sky Ray stl-v2, or the Small Sun ZY-T08 (which I totally, totally love!)

How did we get to talking about the tk40? The k40 by l3 illuminations is the king not the fenix to series while being nice is not in the same class as the k40.

ebay HID for 70 more bucks. link: Low price HID flashlights.

Oh come now…who is going to carry those around?

And didn’t our own 2100 say these (the ebay hids) are bright as all get out, but not very throwy?