Suggestions on 18650 batteries and charger

I’ve been on this forum just enough I spent some money and have a couple 18650 lights coming. I need 4 batteries (at least) and a charger now. I’m seeing the NITECORE D4 with 4-2600mAh Olight batteries on Ebay pretty regularly. Are these a good value?

I’ve started digging through some of the battery and charger info on here and am a little overwhelmed. Any advice would be appreciated!

Your choice is a good start. But in order for us to recommend better batteries you have to tell us what are the lights you bought! :slight_smile:

Do your lights draw enough current that you need unprotected cells, or are they stock and run well on standard protected cells such as Olight, Xtar and other decent cells. If you are going to need high performance, closely matched cells, there are many on this site that can help you. I would recommend the Xtar XP4 charger, it is fast, smart and can act as a portable power pack in a pinch.

You might look to Richard at Mountain Electronics for batteries and chargers… Chargers

Matt

+1 _ It would be good to know what flashlights the batteries are intended for.

In the absence of that information, the charger and the batteries that you chose are of good quality and would match up well with many (most?) of the 18650-powered flashlights.

BTW, eBay has a bad reputation for re-labeling (i.e., counterfeiting) batteries. You might want to consider buying them from a more reputable source, such as Mountain Electronics.

yep Mountain Electronics again.

I guess the guy/s who owns this store must be an angel with real wings. Other stores should follow his example.

The whole forum recommends him, I wish I were rich enough & so living in the usa… then I could buy something from his store and experience this.

Thank you all for the comments and advice so far! I ordered two Convoy S2+ and am on the list for the group buy of the BLF Maxtoch M24 Sniper. I’ll check out Mountain Electronics!

If I had found Mountain Electronics sooner I think I would have ordered everything there! Lots of selection and informative. Thank you all for your help!

The two Convoy S2+ run at about 2800 mA and the M24 draws 4.3 amps but it is a 2x18650 configuration, so your Olight batteries should work fine, so long as they are the button-top type. (All of the Olight 2600mAh 18650 batteries that I saw on eBay were button-tops.)

I’d still suggest that you seek out Richard’s advice on Mountain Electronics. Richard is the owner and proprietor of the webstore. He can probably point you in a direction that better meets your needs. For example, the Olight batteries are just a re-packaged set of Samsung batteries. He might be able to get you the same battery (under a different label) at a lower price.