Sunwayman V11R on Ebay, $18.99. 2 left.

It will most likely come early. Mine did.

I took a chance and ordered one to use for a gift. Hope it’s a legit. O well, PayPal is our friend if not…

Ad says ships from US…Fed Ex Smart Post.

I ordered last Friday, and the light did not ship until Monday Fedex smartpost. That means the light will get to California, then sit for some time while it goes from Fedex to USPS, then take a day or so to get to you. Mine are scheduled for Monday, I am hoping Saturday as I want to take one with me on a business trip on Monday. We’ll see.

I was wondering about the sudden influx of V11R extender orders.

How about some 16340 deals? Going to need to feed the masses!

Mine took 4 days to my door. I got in on the first order go round and was the first to receive one.
The second one I ordered oct.12 and should be here tomorrow oct.18. 6 days but I placed the order late friday.
The 3rd one I ordered oct.14 on sunday and looks like it will be here tomorrow also oct.18, 4 days again.
I studied this driver all night last night. Searched every where for some post explaining this driver or some kind of info. Its pretty scattered info.
This driver uses a SD3033 (PAM2803) for the boost IC.
Datasheet SD3033 http://aitendo3.sakura.ne.jp/aitendo_data/product_img/ic/led_driver/SD3303/SD3303.pdf
PAM2803 http://www.s-manuals.com/pdf/datasheet/p/a/pam2803_r2-2_diodes.pdf
Same IC as far as I can tell and The header of my pdf for the SD3033 says “PAM2803”
wight done a lot of work with the PAM2803 in this thread. [WIP] 15mm PAM2803 w/ ATtiny13A rough layout / possibility
I read the entire thread last night still didn’t come up with what I need to know about this V11R driver using a li-ion cell.
I purchased a few better higher value parts from Arrow electronics today to try and mod this thing with what I think might work.
One of the main parts had to be shipped from HK so it maybe a week or 2 before I get to try this.
If anyone has any info to add about this driver, I’d gladly take suggestions from someone who knows this stuff better than me. I’m just self taught threw lots of reading and blowing up stuff. :smiley: :+1:
Some of the most interest things I found about this IC was in the Application Information in the datasheet about half way down the pdf.

Thanks for your advice nokoff
Robert

When will you restock, if you do ?

Robert

Received two of the three V11R, good quality light, also received two extension tubes I snagged at Lumins, please note the annodization on the extension tube differs slightly from that of the V11R.

For sure, I will be needing a few as well. If you can get them I would get as many as you can. Looks like there will plenty of folks headed your direction for them.

+1

Now there are three samples to 16,99$ each one !

My V11r from a couple of years ago was glued to the point I had to use a couple of channel locks to unscrew the control ring section. If this one is identical with the exception of no glue, then it’s a welcome change considering the need to eventually regrease the ring.

KuoH

My two came rather quickly 4-5 days?

WSitting in the mail this morning . Tint is fair the ar coated lens never help tint .. it also seemed brighter on low then I’d expected . The low seems like it’s a bit over a lumen brighter than I expected.. I thouht these were usually sub lemen lows greay deal on a good light

Still one left at 16.95$

Just checked the lowest lumens level on my new V11R, mind numbingly low level of light, you have to look for it.

I guess my low is just below a lumen on my V11R. A bit high for moonlight.

Did you have time to check if there is glue each side of the magnetic ring, in other word will it be easy to repack the magnetic ring ?

Robert

by the way the eB@y seller with the $20 or make offer listing for the extension tube is taking 15 with free shipping too. I hope you get as lucky.

I don’t understand what’s going on here. Formerly Sunwayman was a brand concerned about MAP, although never as much as, for example, Fenix or Nitecore.

Several years ago I criticized in the other forum that the SWM with magnetic ring were difficult to disassemble which did not allow the long-term maintenance of the ring. Sunwayman may have become sensitive to those criticisms, but I still don’t understand this sudden selling fury of these magnificent flashlights.

SWM V11R is the only classic flashlight that is still catalogued on its website by the brand. All the other fantastic Andy Xie designs (the best in the world of flashlights, in my opinion) are gone. I miss those designs, fortunately for my wallet.

Maybe this series of V11R were originally intended for the Chinese market? several years ago that happened with a series of the V20C, the V20C-Y and the V20C-S, with a less fine anodizing than usual.

I suppose these ebay-offers are an action allowed or driven by the brand, but I don’t understand the purpose. Does it want to run out of stock to close the era of Sunwayman magnetic rings? Does it want to test the market to get back to the classic Sunwayman style?

I have bought three: 1 x 24,59 $ + 2 x 17,99 $ :person_facepalming:

(Edit: three for my shipito USA adress, then come to Spain)

My guess is they screwed with vendors somehow and people are dumping old stock at cost. It’s not nessearily true but it’s a common reason why lights that had real map issuses suddenly get dumped at super deal pricing . It happened when Armytek screwed with their vendors . People qyit selling them and threw them out at cost or even below cost probably to get noticed and start a small frenzy and make sure it all sells.

Could be wrong .. was oncebefore