Sunwayman V11R on Ebay, $18.99. 2 left.

by the way the eB@y seller with the $20 or make offer listing for the extension tube is taking 15 with free shipping too. I hope you get as lucky.

I don’t understand what’s going on here. Formerly Sunwayman was a brand concerned about MAP, although never as much as, for example, Fenix or Nitecore.

Several years ago I criticized in the other forum that the SWM with magnetic ring were difficult to disassemble which did not allow the long-term maintenance of the ring. Sunwayman may have become sensitive to those criticisms, but I still don’t understand this sudden selling fury of these magnificent flashlights.

SWM V11R is the only classic flashlight that is still catalogued on its website by the brand. All the other fantastic Andy Xie designs (the best in the world of flashlights, in my opinion) are gone. I miss those designs, fortunately for my wallet.

Maybe this series of V11R were originally intended for the Chinese market? several years ago that happened with a series of the V20C, the V20C-Y and the V20C-S, with a less fine anodizing than usual.

I suppose these ebay-offers are an action allowed or driven by the brand, but I don’t understand the purpose. Does it want to run out of stock to close the era of Sunwayman magnetic rings? Does it want to test the market to get back to the classic Sunwayman style?

I have bought three: 1 x 24,59 $ + 2 x 17,99 $ :person_facepalming:

(Edit: three for my shipito USA adress, then come to Spain)

My guess is they screwed with vendors somehow and people are dumping old stock at cost. It’s not nessearily true but it’s a common reason why lights that had real map issuses suddenly get dumped at super deal pricing . It happened when Armytek screwed with their vendors . People qyit selling them and threw them out at cost or even below cost probably to get noticed and start a small frenzy and make sure it all sells.

Could be wrong .. was oncebefore

I’ve got one making its way westward and figured after I got it I’d buy the extender tube so that I could use AA’s if wanted. Then I came across an old thread in candlepower forums about e-series body tubes being compatible with the V11r … so you could run it with an 18650.

The only suggested clarification of what that meant was this:
“Prob means the Surefire e-series bodies. The originals only fit cr123, but there are aftermarket 18650 bodies available.”

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone heard of it being done? Are e-series bodies a thing other than for Surefire?

My other 2 V11R’s showed up today. Perfect as the first.
Still trying to figure out how to up the current on these things. :beer:

Can you post a link to that thread?

The only thing I could find is this thread but it is not the V11R, they are talking about the NiteCore IFE-1 being almost compatible with the E2E

I was just looking at my V11R, comparing it to a few pictures of a old review of the V11R. Noticed two things. One, there is no serial number on the light right below the pocket clip. Don’t know if they stopped putting them on the light or what. Two, there is no Sunwayman logo on the metal tail switch, again, maybe they quit putting it on the lights as well. I am not really sure. Was just comparing it to the first run of V11R, of which I don’t actually have one. Was just comparing photos.

I didn’t like the metal tail cap, it makes the switch feel terrible and makes weird grinding noises when pressed, probably needs to be sanded smooth on the sides to work properly, I left the rubber button instead.

The one I bought from fasttech a year ago has no serial number either. The metal tailcap I will check when I get home.
I have opened these up and all the electronics are the same as the fasttech V11R.

Okay, I was just curious. I know sometimes things change in between runs of product. No worries on my end. I am super happy. Serial number or not.

Any advice on opening these things up?

Sure thing Alex. This is what I’d found.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?389529-Sunwayman-V11R-18650

Just grab them with your fingers and twist them open, yes mine was was that simple! :sunglasses:

Mine seems not too cooperative. Strange as the reflector comes out so easy too….

If you find out, let me know.

There were multiple iterations of the V11r. Early on it came with the metal switch boot installed. This was visually nice but less popular than expected. Later it came with a rubber switch boot installed and a metal cap included. The later metal cap was cheaper looking without the Sunwayman logo engraved. I suppose they figure no one liked it anyway.

The magnetic rings seem to twist right open on the later version with the rubber from factory. Did anyone get one with the nicer logo metal tailcap?

Caveat, as had been said they could’ve switched up using loctite at any time.

Easy way…Wrap it good and thick with napkins or plastic wrap…then put electrical tape or Duct tape over the wrap, not even touching the flashlight. Take two wrenches and turn in opposite directions. The Wrenches should not touch the flashlight this way.

Do not squeeze as hard as you can, just enough to keep from slipping.
Do not squeeze on the magnetic ring. Be careful it’s hollow under there. You’ll bend it if you show off your strength. A light touch. All you need to do is Crack the loctite loose then it’ll twist off easily
Do not tape directly on the flashlight, it’s hard to get off.
If you don’t have two wrenches, go buy another. The ones with a rounded teeth area works very well at maintaining grip on a round flashlights.

If anyone has one of the nicer metal switch covers with logo I’d like to buy one to retrofit a limited edition V10 r I’ve never used.

The problem with the metal tailcap is it’s titanium on titanium. And the cap has a tendency to tilt slightly. This causes an annoying squeaky binding and ended up being a lot less functional than the rubber tailcap. Basically, the metal tailcap looked nice, but didn’t work well.

In response to the complaints, Sunwayman started shipping the lights with the older rubber tailcap design, and the metal tailcap as alternate uninstalled parts in the box.

Some enterprising individuals took matters into their own hands. I recall someone on CPF even sold nylon tailcap rings replace the metal one. That way the metal tailcap boot was brushing against nylon and worked smoothly without binding.

Just got two from here for $16.99 each https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNWAYMAN-V11R-500-Lumens-XM-L-U2-LED-Torch-Highlight-Mini-Flashlight-Waterproof/142945298105

Will have to see if this seller is legit

says $17.99 now :slight_smile: And the description says product is in Calif. jut like that other seller. Weird.

No logo on the titanium switch from fasttech. :+1: