Supbeam X60 Battery-carrier Improved

About 4 months in and still nothing.

I dont know much but I know FlashPilot has been taking the lead.

+1 for what ever he says!

Only the first question has been answered.

Bella is ignoring me because I was the bearer of bad news that ultimately forced their company to re-engineer the cell carriers and send them to us. They didnt have a choice if they wanted to continue selling their products in a global market. It turns out that someone else bought an X60 and became infuriated by the false bullshit claims and examples that Bella emailed me: Acebeam tried to convince me that the huge cell voltage differences were acceptable with their first blundered carriers. It turns out that the angry guy who bought the X60 also works for the Consumer Product Safety Commission and has close ties to several others in various agencies that could easily impose an import ban on the sale of Acebeam products and their subsidiaries in the US, and most likely most of Europe and several other locations as well. The threat of justice was about to be served! I passed this information onto Bella to save their company, and now she refuses to answer my questions. I explained to her several times that the IC’s needed to be matched by termination voltage before assembly, and then test each charging location again in the assembled carrier before passing QC. If not, they are only peddling more trash.

Given Acebeams poor quality control, their huge amount of evasiveness by initially trying to ignore and avoid the problems, combined with their demonstrated gross incompetence shown in the crappy engineering of their first battery carrier attempts, I would not trust the second version carrier until each of us has tested the replacement carriers several times to assure that they perform as expected. Dont believe anything you read… test the replacement carrier yourself before putting it into service! Sorry folks, but Acebeam has shown us that they cant be trusted.

Bella also wanted me to delete the X60 sales threads to erase all traces of their poorly engineered products. When I refused, she PM’d SB and asked him to delete the threads! Of course he refused and could not be bought for the free flashlight they sent him earlier for his review. So this is the type of company I have been dealing with. PURE BULLSHIT!!

I have several communications with the angry X60 owner and asked him to hold off banning their products until the new carriers had been delivered and tested. You would think Acebeam would be damn grateful that I acted on their behalf and saved their company. But instead, Bella now ignores me.

I received a total of three X60 flashlights. Two of them were faulty and had to be returned, so now I own only one. Thats a demonstrated 66% FAILURE RATE. Way to go Acebeam. :Sp

IF the replacement carriers are mailed out within a reasonable time (and they actually perform as they should have in the first place) I will close the chapter on this crappy Acebeam novel. If not, I will recommend that the ban proceed, be closely supervised and strictly enforced. As an aside, others have already drafted a long factual detailed explanation of how I and several others were mistreated through this Acebeam charade, and will copy/paste the draft into every Acebeam/Thrunite/Yineng China Holdings Group/Shenzhen Microbluebear Technology thread that can be found online until the end of time. Yes, this could go on for decades through an automated web crawler process that will sit quietly in the background and post to allow others to be well informed before wasting money, massive amounts of time trying to seek a solution and then being ignored by an evasive/dishonest company.

I will never again support anything Acebeam/Thrunite/Yineng China Holdings Group/Shenzhen Microbluebear Technology. I probably have a bit more patients than OL did when his well managed Supbeam K50 GB sale thread went to hell in a hand basket. But now I understand his frustrations with Bella and why he will no longer deal with them.

BELLA, YOU NEVER REPLIED TO MY EMAIL REQUEST FOR MY REPLACEMENT K50 AND X60 CARRIERS. PLEASE MAIL THEM TO US NOW. WE ARE ALL VERY VERY TIRED OF WAITING!!! We are also tied of all your vacation excuses. Lets get the hell to work and get those carriers out now please!!! NOW BELLA!! |(

Huh?

Due to the long, very time-consuming process of testing each carrier (X60, X40 and the others), Acebeam cannot possibly replace all those carriers that has been complained about ALL at the same time. In my case, I am just lucky enough to have my X40 replacement carrier already shipped, like some of our other members that have theirs too. Once received, I will perform my own test on it and share the results here with everyone. I just wish for everyone who have defective carriers to just be a little more patient to wait for their new carriers.

While it’s true that the defective carriers are dangerous and should be corrected and replaced, it is also true that Acebeam has been doing something concrete about it, and it’s only a matter of time everyone of us will receive ours.

As far as I read and comprehend, all the questions were answered. Why should anyone need to repeat themselves? Even only once. Who wants an extra worm?

HAHA I knew that would happen, so predictable.

She’s actually ignoring you? Infantile bullshit for sure.
Long live the angry man :slight_smile:

She/he edited the OP in this thread after post #6 showed the reality.

Amusing.

Where’s my carriers? HM still nothing :bigsmile:

I have not bought one to make it official, but regarding #6 as showing the reality, let's take a look at it:

First of all in the first link that is something else entirely than the LTC4054, that is the Chinese clone TP4054. Massive confusion as intended by whoever named the ICs like that, still more care needs to be used.

Second link, which right now it is not working and I can't take a look at what it is sold.
I find those prices unreal and typical baiting prices used by random Chinese companies, $0.002 or $0.05 for a charging IC from Linear Technology?

Sound kind of unrealistic.

Official prices are 0-99pcs: $2.21 100+pcs $1.82

has anyone actually received a replacement battery carrier?

Possibly.

However, this doesn’t change the fact that Bella edited the OP immediately after post #6 was made.

Well I am not aware of how the post was originally, so I cannot say anything about that.

Post originally read exactly as the quote here: Supbeam X60 Battery-carrier Improved

I remember reading the original wording.

The motivation for changing it is questionable.

Transparency doesn’t appear to be a high priority for these people.

I find it a bit relative on multiple levels, both the statement and the deletion.

One, being expensive does not mean the same thing for everybody and must be related to the final cost of the product including accessories. So the question would be is $1.8 (4 or 8 per carrier) expensive for the product if all we have are the official prices that Linear Technology offers us at "100+" pieces.

Second, I believe Bella herself does not know such component prices and most certainly you can show her the Chinese clones TP4054 and have no idea of the difference compared to the Linear technology LTC4054, the only thing she could instantly see the ultra cheap prices (baiting or not) which make her statement look unrealistic.

Quote:
“I will never again support anything Acebeam/*Thrunite*/Yineng China Holdings Group/Shenzhen Microbluebear Technology”

I didn’t know Thrunite and Acebeam are related companies :open_mouth:

lol.

Actually, if the product is not safe to own or operate, it should be immediately banned to safe guard all consumers. I feel sad that the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s personnel act or made decision based on your advice. If he is suspecting the products produced by the vendor are not safe and what he should do is to report the case then the department to investigate the case objectively (or maybe engage BLF former to assist to conduct the test). Let the investigation results be the one to decide.

Its long overdue that governments need to impose stricter testing & control and more through inspections be done to screen out these bad, dangerous & unsafe products from ever entering the countries in the first place. I would have NEVER bought this light if i knew there was a critical safety issue with the charging. if it were an American manufacturer they would be forced to recall all these faulty lights and give full refunds including return shipping.

For me it’s not so much of a safety issue but only because I’m aware of the prerequisites for safe and proper charging procedures.

It’s the convenience of on board charging that appeals.

I didn’t run any multi cell lights before these and don’t intend to purchase cradle chargers as I consider them too limited in functionality compared to even a typical hobby charger.

I’ve had to create a custom charging rig for the cells in these lights that’s neither convenient or practically portable.

Disappointed so far. Let’s see if they redeem themselves.

Bella emailed the tracking number on April the 29th, seems like the carrier was shipped from Temple City, CA. which is about 30 miles away from me, I’ve been patiently waiting for the tracking to move but no movement until today May 12th, i’ll probably get it the same day or Wed the 13th, i’ll keep you guys posted.

Yeah, he should seek for psychiatrist help ASAP, his anger management meds are not working obviously :smiley: or while he is raging he should attack Fenix and Sunwayman and Nitecore for bad CQ, price fixing and MAP imposing, then, he could actually be useful :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, if anyone wants to get rid of his “dangerous” and “life threatening” flashlight I will buy them from you, remember, your home could be ground zero :smiley:

P.S. My battery carrier left HK 2 days ago, should be here at the end of next week or so…