Super Thrower----BTU. Shocker 3xCREE XM-L U2 3x18650 Super Power Flashlight

So basically a Sky ray king with a bigger head & different body stock and upgraded U2 XM-L Leds? or I’m reading it wrong guy really needs spell checker, those squiggly red lines on a post means something. Looks good but do those dents on the head & lesser fins really help heat dissipation?

Can’t really see any design on this being anywhere close to that of a SR King…. :slight_smile:

The head is that of a TK70 (HA), and body (HA) that of the Magic Fire HIDs.

Nah it looks more like a cheap version of a Shadow JM26.

Proof:

or this

Accept its more expensive three times the size and way brighter them the jm26

At 150 dollars shipped. I’d probably wait a bit til they come on discount. Or reviews. Can’t see why this would be better then a King, Dry or Ebay HID.

understatement of the year

106mm head diameter... wow. 3 XML's each driven at 3.8A... wow

No disco modes and DRY driver option... excellent move.

106mm is the total head size. Individual reflector will only be around 50mm. Don't be surprised when TN31 kicks this light's butt in throw. Maybe even beaten by T08 with the 4A turbo glitch.

I just don't see the point doing multi-emitter thrower with small individual reflectors.

If building a thrower, just make ONE reflector 100mm powered by single U3 with copper core+pill and big heatsinks. Run it at 5A, get that 1600lumens and 150kcd stock, now we're talking.

I was thinking along those lines too; it would be awesome!

Still a 106mm head triple will produce good throw, probably better than a TK70. Even if it has only 43mm reflectors, I am pretty positive it would outthrow 3x XM-L C8s all pointed at the same spot. So, good throw plus lots of light.

I think they should sell a host kit with an option for a single emitter + gigantic 10cm reflector. Ric, are you reading this? Hehe.

Its pretty much the same as a tk70, but with U2 instead of T6 and goes up to 3.8A turbo. A Tk70 is around 115kcd i think. I wouldnt be surprised if a tn31 did beat this, but for triple the output i am willing to settle on 5kcd less. 100mm single reflector makes the hotspot way too small and instantly renders it a laser or non useful working light. It will be like a jacob A60. Just too small to be useful.

I would also be in for a group buy at ~$100

I’m in at $100.

Good luck with that.

It’s going to normally retail for $200, and the presale price is already $150. A TK70 is $230 on eBay. Even though this is ’budget’lightforum I don’t think this will see a price lower than $150.

+1 Totally agree!!!

I paid $172.50 shipped for my brand new TK70 from Shane. Don’t know if he has anymore or not, but I bet he does. The price may be a little more now.

You can buy TK70 off ebay for less than $200 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-TK70-2200-Lumens-Search-Flashlight-Torch-D-Battery-LED-Waterproof-/221011610340?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3375518ae4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-TK70-Flashlight-Black-/350579458616?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item51a02a0238

Here’s one for under $190 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-TK70-2200-Lumen-Outdoor-LED-Floodlight-Flashlight-Camping-Hunting-Hiking-/160914976499?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item257747aef3

Unfortunately for an Australian like me, none of those are under $200. One of them is USA exclusive, one has $50 shipping to Aus, and the other has $30 shipping to Aus. I prefer the shocker over the tk70 though, because I don’t have any NiMH D cells and I would prefer to have the super turbo :slight_smile:
P.S. Who’s Shane?

Cant wait for someone to get their hands on one of these and to do a review. Looks like a beast.

Yes, 3xXM-L with three individual reflectors(made up to 100mm) cannot outthrow a single XM-L with 100mm reflector, but due to “light stacking” the 3xXM-L still able to give a very high lux reading.

I wonder how easily the head comes apart for modding emitters?

GOOD Deal:

BTU SHOCKER KIT available now —-only 185usd including fast shipping

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1853

Include
1xBTU
3x Keeppower protection 3400mAh 18650
1x Trustfire 003 charger

Thanks
RIC