Sustainable medium

maybe i’m in Simple UI somehow
if i removed the battery or something

since i couldn’t get Beacon, nor is it going to Turbo today
trying to do 10C or 10H from off…not fixing it

10H from ON

• Item 4: Configure Advanced UI’s turbo style:
  • 0: No turbo, only ceiling.
  • 1: Anduril 1 style. Ramp2C goes to full power.
  • 2: Anduril 2 style. Ramp2C goes to ceiling, or goes to full power if user ramped up to ceiling first. This value also affects momentary turbo in Ramp and Off modes.

i couldn’t get Turbo still, but got it to go to Strobe, and adjust speed but then it went back to regular constant light
i couldn’t adjust it the other way

i tried resetting it and it was on strobe ramping up as i put the tailcap back on?

As happy as I am to hear about people using Anduril lights, I really think you’d be better served by a lamp. It’s not exciting, but it’s simple and works well and comes in almost every conceivable shape and size to fit each person’s needs and taste. I don’t think Anduril is the right answer for your needs.

2 Thanks

i can manage some Anduril, but i can’t get out of Simple UI or something. Hah…just set muggle mode for me then.
I keep doing 10H from off, no dice.

Wellp, they could always set it on party/disco/whatever and get their rave on…

Pretty much. I’d like to get some strobe functions or program them a bunch.
is there some interface to record a sequence and loop it? And then maybe add another light.

I think this if25a could be Anduril 1. I did some of the tests. Just trying to get turbo so I could see how hot it gets. And well… Turbo is nice.

Maybe I accidentally set the max ceiling brightness. It’s not very bright. Maybe I’m not very bright for not managing to get this setup… Lol
gonna charge it a bit more

i think i’m on version 2020-3-17
i did 15C and took a couple tries

i just can’t get it back to Advanced or to reset
ohhh the usb port might be loose or something lodged in it…i thought it stopped red back to green because it was charged
it wasn’t charging
no wonder it stopped doing Turbo

i can get a D4 to charge it though
i saw a SkyRC had sold a while back for really cheap, but hopefully a Nitecore is good enough

What happens if you do 15C from off?

the 2 blinks, half blink, 2 blinks, etc

another half blink
and again half blink
and a 1, 3 blinks, and 8

i counted wrong before

I happen to already have a Tertial arm, and am a fairly hard core shutterbug - this must be destiny.
https://www.amazon.com/3300-5600K-Bi-Color-Dimmable-Lighting-Shooting/dp/B0B388RDMC?th=1

You have the 3300k-5600k version?

There is only one version of the VL-300T. It’s the one I linked earlier:

Note, it does not come with a power supply, so you’ll need to get one of those too. It just needs to be DC 12V or so (8V-15V) and at least 20W, with a Ф5.5*2.0mm plug.

Thank you. I see now re. power supply. The Amazon version comes with one, but at twice the price.

on the m44 what do i do with the RGB lights are on when i try turning the light off?
is there anything Anduril can do with those?

how do i make sure this is frosted… oh the lenses on the light are clear, but the frosted are in some separate container
what am i supposed to do with that?

and the battery compartment feels gritty when screwing it on
should i be worried about it? not gritty but more so dry.

i only have some Sofirn button top batteries until i order some…p28a and maybe m35a Molicel
BatteryJunction has both of those

I cleaned off the threading on the compartment but it isn’t lubricated like the other one. It was metallic grit or such.
Not sure what the shop can do about this or recommend
If anyone recommend a lubricant

And also what the heck am I supposed to do with these loose frosted lenses that came in a separate container? The flashlight has the clear ones installed.

'Oo, me?

What were we talking about again?

anyone…i was gonna tag you in case you had some advice
i got the m44 and i had to clean off the grit and one of the parts is unlubed
not sure what lubricant to put on this

and the frosted lenses…they came in a little pack on the side, while the flashlight has the regular lenses installed
trying to email Hank to ask about it

and the RGB…i’m not sure how to control those or even turn them off. the flashlight while Off has RGB blinking through each set of colors. i didn’t see anything about this in Anduril info. i could check again.

and yeah, i might get two kinds of molicel batteries unless another brand has any benefit

Oh and also wondering if there’s a silicone diffuser or something big enough for the m44

I got this little jar of “YEZL” that I got from Fasttech. Others use different thread-lubes.

i was reading maybe some bike chain lube or superlube silicone grease or the superlube heatsink

Hank says to bump the flashlight on a desk lightly to get the lenses out and fit the frosted ones in
i’m gonna have to sand one that’s not quite fitting
the frosted makes this totally a floodlight…maybe even too much. it’s nice.

ok he sent me where the Auxiliary lights options is
7H
https://toykeeper.net/torches/fsm/anduril2/anduril-manual.txt
the part that says Aux

yeah without usb charging i might get some batteries and a charger
if the Molicel should be fine. the price drops a bit when buying multiple and then free shipping over $50.

No Hanklights here, so nfi about any of that.

But yeah, there are already a few threads (haha) just about what threadlube to use, etc.

The M44 has a stainless steel bezel that should unscrew (as it’s a replaceable part). When you do that, it opens up access to the glass and optic behind it. Then you can swap in a different optic as you see fit.

Try out the floody optic. If it’s what you want for all uses, you’re all set. But if you could see yourself wanting the non-floody optic at times, I’d suggest installing that one. When you want more of a floody optic, as for the indoor ceiling bounce you spoke of, then use a diffuser. Intl-outdoor doesn’t sell them, but you might be able to pick up something compatible from AliExpress. Still, you could make your own.

The M44 comes with a 58 mm diameter head. On AliExpress, there’s a Diffuser for Sofirn soda-can flashlights. THIS ONE has a LARGE size in 59 mm. That could easily work, if you like the ambient diffusing effect. If you still want more of a ceiling bounce effect, then cut out a disc of translucent plastic from a milk jug and place over the M44 optic. Just be careful about heat buildup. If you’re handy, you can do your own modification (e.g. cut a circle but with 8 tabs on it; bend the tabs and then use tape around it, the idea being that this helps offset the diffuser “disc” from the face of the optic, allowing air cooling to avoid melting the diffuser).

thanks i added one of those large diffusers to my cart but now i couldn’t find it again
maybe the clear optics would be better for ceiling bounce, than the frosted
and find some kind of plastic, yeah like from a milk jug and raise it a bit above the flashlight