Sustainable medium

ok so a flashlight with fans
any other options?

the m44 gonna have some more lumens (again just going by that they use lumens on the description)
the sp36 has usb-c
whether a couple bells and whistles or the frosted lens is enough to justify m44

it’s on sale, but i could just wait and get a x75 or something
edit: wow the x75 cost more…quite a bit

The M44 should perform much better than a Sofirn IF25A. The M44 has a much more efficient driver, much better heat handling capabilities, and 2X the battery capacity. It generates less heat at the same brightness, and can handle quite a bit more heat in total, so its sustainable level should be significantly higher.

The IF25A and SP36 use the same type of “FET+1” driver. At output levels above ~200 lm, they are very inefficient, generating a lot of heat. The SP36 can sustain higher levels than IF25A because it is physically larger, but you’ll get more runtime and the same or higher sustainable brightness from a M44.

… but a lamp would probably be much more practical. Like, that Viltrox panel I mentioned is very nice, highly adjustable, and can be powered by a battery when desired. Or this Waveform light is reference quality and should work great in a closet. Or they have a shop light which sustains ~4200 lm indefinitely. There are some really good LED bulbs like Philips Ultra Definition, $27 for an 8-pack of 4x2700K and 4x5000K, dimmable and with great light quality and performance, which could be mixed in a light fixture for up to 6400 lumens. Or the local home hardware store probably has something suitable.

Flashlights just aren’t built for this type of use.

thanks so maybe a stone white m44, and…cool white backlit button…

and maybe the Viltrox and Waveform, yeah
but if i do want a flashlight, and for 15 minutes of indoor use also, maybe the x75

i’m not seeing x75 in classifieds list
but i could maybe check another forum too

ahh i missed an Amazon deal
but that’s 6500k tint

XHP70.2 is floodier than 70.3?
i can leave it go for now

yes, but X75 isn’t really an indoor flashlight

Yes

I have the White 70.3Hi version of X75, and also I have white M44 (but with 219b 4500K, and W1).

As for that X75, I used it only once indoor, to find staple.
I was looking for it couple minutes with SP10 pro, then give up, grabbed X75, run it on high, and found that staple in seconds. :innocent:

Convoy M3 C will run a very long time at lumen levels about 1400 or so, I can’t remember the exact #. Search the review here for run times and lumens. Can be had in high CRI. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801548469795.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapthttps://1lumen.com/review/convoy-m3-c/

Here’s a review Convoy M3-C review | High power flashlight with 4300 lumens

should i switch one of the options to that W1 also?
not sure the difference

point of the x75…just is more than enough for anything
but the convoy mc-3… here’s the charts graphs
so it can sustain a few minutes, yes
i might have to compare that to the m44

that’s the m3-c
from 1lumen review

and here’s wolfgirl42’s charts of the m44

there’s some more charts but in Lux and of the W1 emitter

so the convoy m3-c can sustain 1600 lumens or so for over an hour
the m44 sustains a while also and can hold at 20%…whatever that is

really just get an x75 (eventually) or if there’s any other with a fan
like i’m not sure if the mc-3 has a benefit either now (well it is less expensive), still leaning toward the m44 for today
so the w1 seems to drop off quicker…not sure what else. i mean it’s a bit cooler tint too.
eh i might even consider a 3500k and the 5700. i can’t get much yet. thanks for the help.

i could also find a few more shops sell the x75 or see what acebeam official does next month or next year.
i can’t find a 5000k on amazon now…i think the sale one wasn’t
someone elsewhere mentioned a couple other holidays or 11/11 might be sales

LOL! :rofl:

I didn’t read all the comments thoroughly, so apologies in advance if I missed something – but wouldn’t @Sanman be best served by a lantern, more specifically the Sofirn LT1S (review)?

Granted, it won’t do 1000 lumens, but as ceil-bouncing is not needed, it should effectively illuminate a closed space much better with much less lumens (after all, that’s what lanterns are made for).

LT1 is great. LT1s is junk if this one i got is genuine (it’s ok, but all around inferior to LT1).
i also got a blf a6, if25a, getting a wurkkos fc11…

so up for consideration is a sodacan light and maybe a x75 or something.

1 Thank

Interesting! First time I ever hear of it. If you can give me some pointers as to the whys and wherefores, I would be grateful.

I get it, having the urge :wink: Buy the one that makes you happier and just ignore the naysayers like me :grin:

I wasn’t aware of the LT1s version until after I got the original LT1. I really liked the LT1 after someone here recommended it.
Had trouble getting the correct shipment but had some better luck or something after that.
The LT1 has adjustable tint, feels built really solid, has 4x 18650 batteries and usb-c charging and button on the side of it. Anduril interface. I got the orange LED version and it turns blue when charging.

The LT1s felt pitifully cheap the moment I opened it. One battery doesn’t last long. No Anduril. Very sad. It’s maybe better for regular users who just want a simple interface to click and then hold the second click to change tint. It does have Red light mode too.
And for the price too, is sometimes up there with the regular LT1 so there’s not much benefits side by side, besides if you like it’s half the height and the button is on the top. The button doesn’t light up, feels cheap…cheap cheap have to keep recharging it.

1 Thank

Thanks for the clarifications. I don’t have any, but heard good things about both.

Oh my… :man_facepalming: sorry, I meant the LT1S Pro: Sofirn LT1S Pro Camping Lantern with Warm White Light, Cool White Light, and Red Light, Powerbank Output (and I agree with you, no Anduril means no deal).

Have you seen the Pro? I’ve seen people speaking well of it, and our own @gchart did a teardown and it didn’t look cheaply built to me: New Sofirn LT1S Pro Teardown!

the housing case and button look the same to me…
the threading on it (the non-pro) even seemed cheaper (than LT1…is like a tank, smooth heavy…all premium)

so it has Anduril and powerbank output…

the LT1s is like a tin can with a wobbly button (exaggerating but not sturdy like LT1). the pro just has different circuit?

Thanks for your impressions – you having had the non-Pro in hand is surely a better judge of that than me.

Yeah, two pluses in my book. OTOH price went north of $55 unless one deals with horrible AE… :frowning:

the battery won’t last long enough for much powerbank usage
that charges a phone?

Anduril is an upgrade, so maybe it can do strobe or a couple things
yeah for about $5.95 difference in cost on AliExpress right now

1 Thank

Agreed, but in the space saved by the LTS1 Pro versus the BLF LT1, you could easily bring quite a few extra 21700s, and swap them as needed to recharge a ton of phones.

Seriously, I do a similar thing here with 18650s and it works great, using the powerbank function of my Wurkkos FC13 with a LG MJ1 inside it, and two more in a battery carrying case: as each battery has 3500mAh nominal, that way I have over 10000mAh of charging capacity plus a backup light, so much more flexible and reliable and safe than a dedicated powerbank (as it doesn’t use a fixed LiPo pouch battery) and the resulting package isn’t much larger nor heavier.

I bet that with a 4x 5000mAh 21700s plus the LTS1 Pro, it would work even better than the 4x18650 BLF LT1 as a powerbank and additionally have more endurance as a lantern – but of course you would have to swap batteries during extended use, which could be bad depending on your use case.

what 4-bay or larger charger to get? Nitecore D4?
it can charge NiMH aa/aaa batteries too

ok so the powerbank can’t do 65watt for laptop though (of course) but good for phone and such
yes…the LT1 is bigger and heavier
the smaller one just feels lightweight which was part of what i equated to cheap, besides overall does feel flimsy also

wait which light uses 21700? i missed what you’re saying
i have 18650 flashlights from sofirn mostly
do most of the anduril ones do powerbank?

1 Thank