Sustainable medium

I have a SkyRC MC3000 and love it dearly, but if you’re not willing to spend that kind of money, I have heard very good things about the Vapcell S4+. I don’t have any info (neither good nor bad) on the Nitecore D4.

wait which light uses 21700? i missed what you’re saying
i have 18650 flashlights from sofirn mostly

Sorry for the confusion. I use a 18650-eating Wurkkos FC13 as powerbank, it works great but for a small problem that I have now solved. Unfortunately I don’t own any 21700 lights (at least yet).

I know that most (all?) of the Hanklights don’t have powerbank (I think most/all don’t even have a USB port for recharging).

As for the Wurkkoses, I can vouch for the 18650-eating FC13 from my direct experience, but I believe at least the TS25, the TS21 and the TS30S Pro (all of them eating 21700s) would also work great (but as I don’t have any of them, I urge you to ask people that have one and check that my belief is true in fact).

so the flashlight can tint ramp and blend, not just 2 modes?

what about other emitters? SST20 2700k costs a bit less, is 95 CRI.
what’s the reasoning to have both be the 519A? sustains longer?

Because you want the same led, to have the same beam, for good tint mix.

Believe me, you don’t want to have beam that is little warmer and colder at random.

You want the same led.

And I did suggested the dome 519A 2700K and 5700K so you have full range tint mix available.

And yes, the M44, can instant switch, and also tint mix.

1 Thank

what’s a good temperature to set it to?
is it just preference for holding it? or for the light to be in good condition,
wondering if i should set the if25a also so it maybe steps down slower

haven’t managed to get into blinky mode properly on the if25a
ok i got it but i couldn’t figure what first digit was me clicking the light or the sequence
now i double clicked during the sequence and the light blinked quickly twice

haven’t been able to get into beacon or temperature check yet

3 blinks and then 9? if i counted correctly. it’s about 16.5 degrees celsius here. maybe i should calibrate it or figure out to properly do this.

I have 4 LT1s lanterns now. I got the first when they first came out. Just looking for something smaller and more portable than the LT1 (I have two of them). I bought another two when they could be had for right around $20. Clearance I guess in preparation for the release of the Pro. Then I got a Pro when they were doing the special buy for the first batch.
I think all of the LT1s are just fine. I really like that you can dim one side. If you insist on Andruil (I know you do, but I am not that parochial, especially for $20) Then the pro is obviously the one for you.

I don’t find the lanterns to be cheap looking nor in build quality. Of course they are in a different class from the LT1. But I am sure it was the intent. Smaller, lighter, easier to pack. The “S” does all of those things. I guess if someone judges just on weight, they may say it is cheap feeling.

The Pro just adds more functionality in the UI, power bank, and the red channel. Just a nice little package. I am glad I have all 4 of them. The last time I was without power for 10 hours, everybody here was also happy that I have them. They are not lumen monsters, but even at a mid level, hanging in strategic places, they give plenty of light for navigation. At that level I could probably get 2, maybe 3 nights out of them. Great stuff actually!

2 Thanks

Yes I don’t need anduril. For $20 I would go for another.
I was expecting it to be more like the LT1, but without the comparison they are great. Maybe at $20.

You gonna be blind for sure lol

(i know not to mix the batteries)
but should i buy some samsung 35e 8a, and also molicel maybe
or just keep it simple and get like 10x of the 35e
most of the flashlights i have charge on usb-c and if i don’t need to carry much extra on the side

Molicel P28a is higher drain? 35amp
the LG MJ1 is 10amp but higher capacity.

the 18650batterystore doesn’t have the mj1 in stock
but buying 10x of the samsung 35e, the price goes to $4.75 each and then about $9 shipping

molicell 28a is $4.99 right now, only goes to $4.49 when buying over 10x

oh the if25a is indeed a 21700 inside
i still might want to add a battery capable of turbo to the m44
and the x75 would have a built-in battery anyways

That’s the whole point, you can change the temperature to your liking ( you don’t have to choose).

Usually depending if you are indoor, or outside, you will prefer different tint. Usually warmer inside.

not sure if i got to sunset mode or beacon mode…but then i did 4 clicks and it blinked and buzzed flashing a bit
so i tried inputting 17 clicks for about 16.6 degrees celsius.
but then i waited and i tried setting 25 clicks or whatever but it seemed to just turn the light off and on each time.
so each step is a degree celsius counting above 30degrees. i’ll try again.

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/fsm/view/head:/ToyKeeper/spaghetti-monster/anduril/anduril-manual.txt

i’m not sure i got to beacon mode, but i went past that and then
the 4 clicks seems to get somewhere
so i’ll try again

ok i didn’t notice beacon mode, but i think i set the temperature stuff
it was blinking for the calibration count, and then stopped after i stopped the count, and then i did the count for the limit
hopefully it works

this is on the if25a. it seems it’s not going to turbo right now. gonna charge it.
it can ramp up, but to double click doesn’t do much. it’s been working pretty well.

I was talking about the tint, not temp.
for the temp, i usually have it around 47C for limit, but I always just test it, and adjust, depending it it’s getting to hot, or could be hotter.

maybe i’m in Simple UI somehow
if i removed the battery or something

since i couldn’t get Beacon, nor is it going to Turbo today
trying to do 10C or 10H from off…not fixing it

10H from ON

• Item 4: Configure Advanced UI’s turbo style:
  • 0: No turbo, only ceiling.
  • 1: Anduril 1 style. Ramp2C goes to full power.
  • 2: Anduril 2 style. Ramp2C goes to ceiling, or goes to full power if user ramped up to ceiling first. This value also affects momentary turbo in Ramp and Off modes.

i couldn’t get Turbo still, but got it to go to Strobe, and adjust speed but then it went back to regular constant light
i couldn’t adjust it the other way

i tried resetting it and it was on strobe ramping up as i put the tailcap back on?

As happy as I am to hear about people using Anduril lights, I really think you’d be better served by a lamp. It’s not exciting, but it’s simple and works well and comes in almost every conceivable shape and size to fit each person’s needs and taste. I don’t think Anduril is the right answer for your needs.

2 Thanks

i can manage some Anduril, but i can’t get out of Simple UI or something. Hah…just set muggle mode for me then.
I keep doing 10H from off, no dice.

Wellp, they could always set it on party/disco/whatever and get their rave on…

Pretty much. I’d like to get some strobe functions or program them a bunch.
is there some interface to record a sequence and loop it? And then maybe add another light.

I think this if25a could be Anduril 1. I did some of the tests. Just trying to get turbo so I could see how hot it gets. And well… Turbo is nice.

Maybe I accidentally set the max ceiling brightness. It’s not very bright. Maybe I’m not very bright for not managing to get this setup… Lol
gonna charge it a bit more

i think i’m on version 2020-3-17
i did 15C and took a couple tries

i just can’t get it back to Advanced or to reset
ohhh the usb port might be loose or something lodged in it…i thought it stopped red back to green because it was charged
it wasn’t charging
no wonder it stopped doing Turbo

i can get a D4 to charge it though
i saw a SkyRC had sold a while back for really cheap, but hopefully a Nitecore is good enough

What happens if you do 15C from off?

the 2 blinks, half blink, 2 blinks, etc

another half blink
and again half blink
and a 1, 3 blinks, and 8

i counted wrong before

I happen to already have a Tertial arm, and am a fairly hard core shutterbug - this must be destiny.
https://www.amazon.com/3300-5600K-Bi-Color-Dimmable-Lighting-Shooting/dp/B0B388RDMC?th=1

You have the 3300k-5600k version?