Tesla Model 3 - are you buying?

I think so too. I’ll have to Google the price and weight capacity. I’m not sure if it was intended for adults.

253k reserved as of 7am this morning! (California time i’m sure)

This looks more like my speed.

gas scooter

Mount a 2 gallon gas can on the seat post and it’ll go as far as a Tesla. An added bonus is that you can run the AC constantly and it won’t reduce your range. Try that in a Tesla.

I should add that in no way do I endorse this Scooter. Just read a few negative reviews vs the “all is rosy shill reviews” and you will see that it’s your typical low quality Chinese junk with no available spare parts or support. Still looks like it would be fun till it breaks.

Hahah.

It’s funny that this poll doesn’t have a “No” option. All 4 answers suggest the respondent will be buying the Tesla 3 at some point.

With over a quarter million already reserved (that was on Saturday, we don’t have current numbers) it appears to be a popular car thats not even fully designed yet :slight_smile:

Maybe you'll like this one more...

that is funny, i can’t even figure out what its saying!

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I will delete it.

If anyone has an android phone, try saying “OK google, GO GO Gadget Flashlight!”. Doesn’t even have to be your phone, try it while a friend has their phone out. :smiley:

Of course this works only with devices that have voice commands active. For example recent Samsung Galaxy phones are always listening for voice commands by default (as long as the screen is on).

How much does the gas cost in the US?

If in my near would be a supercharger it would be a nobrainer to buy a tesla with free supercharger use…
Even if you have a modern small car you pay thousands every year for gas…I would be glad to wait half an hour while reading the newspaper and eating a ice/croissant/steak and paying less than for a full tank:)

7 liters on 100km and 1000km a month 1.35$ per litre: 70*1.35=95$

Yes I’ll be buying one… in fact, i’ll likely be buying (a piece of) thousands of them, though I’ll never drive any of them:

at least i’ll only be paying for the first few of them, as opposed to the entire production run, of which i’ll never drive any.

1 gallon Diesel

Wow I had to stop reading around page 2, it was getting intense. Yes I would love to own one. I like that electric cars are now an option. No, they will never completely replace gas because of some benefits. But with about ONE BILLION cars in the world, we should encourage change. Yes, some places still produce electricity with diesel, but some places use hydro-electric and wind. You can never go-green with a gas car. Electric can do either.

Except for the fact that electric cars generate more pollution than their gas powered equivalents.

Source

Source2

Source3

Josh, it depends on the fuel the car uses.
If I was to plant sunflowers and handcrank the oil from the seeds I could run our car on that. OK a lot of work but very green only spewing CO2 taken in now and not introducing CO2 that has been locked away deep down for millions of years.

Let those unreliable wind turbines produce hydrogen so we do not need a backup burning thing for the sake of the grid.
Now storing, transporting and using hydrogen that is future tech I am really interested in.

Of less far away use the differences in electric potential of salt and sweet water to produce electricity. The waste is a mix
Do this where rivers flow into sea and thus where the water would create this mix anyway.
This is being done (testing is going on in Holland where the 32km Afsluitdijk is in between a sea and and old sea now turned fresh water lake (the whole reason for building this dyk, 1 32km dyk to reduce the need for hundreds of km of seadykes. Now this can become a energy plant .
Going green should be smart and is feasible.

Source said:It was no surprise that electric cars whose batteries were topped up from wind, solar or hydroelectric sources came out cleanest

Source2 [broken]

Source3 again admits #1. And even ignores the cost of refining gasoline from oil!!

I know all this. Please re-read it without bias.

That doesn’t sound scale-able.

Again, just saying we need to be open-minded. Gasoline has a long history, and the fact electric is competing at all speaks volumes to the potential. Set your vroom-vroom love aside and be open minded.

In the future, unlimited energy from clean nuclear technologies will change the world in lots of ways. Desalinating salt water from the oceans for example will be no problem. Unlimited clean water will be available. Batteries such as the “lithium air” battery will change the energy density of batteries to levels comparable to highly energy dense petrol. There is also potential in ultra capacitors such as those talked about from “EE-stor” since ~2006 or so, which is probably currently clenched tightly in the hands of DARPA but I am just speculating. The implications of EE-stor capacitors would be huge… MECH robot suits and stuff would even be possible. Many technologies and devices that presently are not practical only come down to the matter of available energy technologies.

Ha ha in the future, I have barely managed to buy 2005 Ford Mondeo for 3500$ last month, and sold some of my best flashlights to pay taxes…
Would I love to have one?
Oh yeah!! After all I am from the Teslas motherland!