Test results for D size NiMh Batteries

Any in particular you are interested in? They came from various suppliers.

Just the better performing ones :smiley:
I actually just checked Amazon again and found a four pack of Everactive’s for about $24. I did not find EBL’s. I guess part of the question is that I don’t know if this is a great, good, or bad price. Since I’ve never bought them before I have no comparison.

I also need to run a test to see if my Coleman lantern will run at 4.8 volts rather than the 6v of fresh alkaleaks.

Coleman fluorescent? I have 2 fluorescent lamps that run fine on NiMh D.

How much current do you need?

My Coleman lantern worked fine on NiMH but produced slightly less light. The main problem was with NiCad cells they’d always be dead when I needed the lantern. (It was designed, of course, for alkalines, which was expensive in use.)

The lantern in question is a Coleman CPX-6. I won it in an office Christmas gift raffle. I have the 4 D-cell battery box, I hear the rechargeable one they sell is ni-cad and I have no intention of going back to 1980’s battery tech.

My RD-tech supply indicates that it runs at 0.28 amps at 6 volts, it only drops to 0.26 amps at 4 volts.

Curiously, running the supply up to 8.4 volts does not increase the current, still only 0.28 amps. I actually have a broken battery box, I may try putting a couple Lithium cells in there.

What would be D LSD cells presenting the lowest sag?