The 10th Annual Old Lumens challenge - has officially concluded! Winners have been announced!

Hey Vinh, nice to see you around! Your store is an inspiration.

Thanks for being a sponsor.

Very cool and very generous, Vinh.

Thatā€™s cool that you have an Old-Lumens creation Vinh.

Many has come and goā€¦Sometime when I slow down to reminisce it makes my heart a bit heavy.
Marshalls of goinggear used to send me gift lights with my name laser engravedā€¦
I have a hard time building a collection of my own because $$$ always gets in the wayā€¦.Yet I have never sold a single light gifted to me. They are all the most specialā€¦

Old Lumens was a wonderful man that I respected from the early days. I am glad there is this tradition in practice annually to honor him.

Hi, Iā€™m thinking about joining the machine made category. Is making a drop-in acceptable, even though it isnā€™t a complete light?

Making a drop-in is an acceptable entry for the Modified Light category. To enter the Machine Made category, the entire light housing and drop-in would need to be made by you.

For clarification, I believe a battery holder similar to the plastic type in this link would be suitable for a Challenge entry. Correct?

Battery carriers of this type are allowed.

Iā€™m going to try it again this year and donā€™t plan to disappoint. Entering the Machine made category. xqwerty151x's 10th Annual Old Lumens Challenge Entry - Machine Made

:+1: Hoorah!

I participated in modded light category with my KR1/KR4 driver thread.

im in for the hand made category. Tomogchi's home made flashlight for OL contest

And Iā€™m in with another bag o popcornā€¦
:beer:

Iā€™ll chuck me modifed hat in the ring
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/71028

Iā€™m in, modified category: The Whispering Gallery: modified category entry for 10th annual BLF/OL contest

My modified build is ready. Feel free to take a look.

I have been meaning to build a lanternā€¦ Maybe Iā€™ll come up with something. I have an idea, but idk if I have the tools or skills to pull it off. May do something simpler as a ā€œlearning experienceā€ for the one I really want to build.

Just created my build thread.
Due to lack of time I decided to join the Hand Made category
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/71180

I am in for the modified flashlight category: Skylight's Modified flashlight, 10th Annual BLF OL Contest entry

I am actually withdrawing my entry for time and budget reasons. Iā€™m not going to have anything ready.