The 11th Annual Old Lumens challenge - Winners announced!

I might have something too. What size and other details would work for you? Clicky switch or e-switch, and whatever else

1 Thank

It’s a pity that some lamps are not finished in time… :frowning:

I also went through a phase where I wasn’t sure whether everything would work out and be finished as I had imagined. My personal life, the threat of depression and a few other things made me decide not to do anything for a few weeks (apart from one or two things with LEDs).

But now I’ve found new courage and hope to complete my build in the coming week. The switch still needs to be built, which is a bit more difficult than I thought…

1 Thank

Driver diameter 15.5mm, component clearance on the topside (non-battery side) 13.9mm. Ideally the driver’s diameter would be larger than 13.9mm.

The two “wings” are ~8mm wide and can accommodate approximately 1mm additional width there.

The only driver I can think of that would work for me is a Reylight AA/14500 driver (out of Pineapple/Lan), but I’m unaware of a source for those other than the lights themselves.

To be clear, I’m not looking for any driver. I’m looking for a dual-fuel AA/14500 driver with at least decent UI. Otherwise I’d have left it stock, or thrown in a MTN-DD.

1 Thank

I have nothing that would be suitable.

1 Thank

Yeah, me neither. I could complete the build with a MTN-15-DD (I have one) but it’s not what I want to make and would honestly just be a waste of my time.

I am trying to make a super late enter to the challenge.
Hope to complete this build in 15 days :crossed_fingers:

YuvalS’s Hand Made Class, 11th Annual BLF/OL contest entry topic - Giveaways and Contests - BudgetLightForum.com

2 Thanks

Hiya, I decided to join this great event in this very limited time. Hope I’d finished it before due, thanks!

3 Thanks

Might have a chance in my build. I’ve scrounged a Reylight AA-size driver. We’ll see. Busy this evening though, no guarantees I will even have time to work on this.

1 Thank

I would like to join the Old lumens contest in the modified flashlight category:

I’m sorry, seems I can’t continue my entry with the remaining time. I broke the cutting and the chamfer chisels, and I didn’t have a spare for those at the moment. I will continue the project after getting the replacement and do the update in the post.
Goodluck everyone, and happy new year!

Regrettably I won’t be finishing on time. I’ll update my thread with the latest progress in case anyone is interested. It was fun and I look forward to trying again next year. I’m excited to take a closer look at all the entries!

1 Thank

My build is complete with an hour to spare!

3 Thanks

I finished my modified flashlight:

2 Thanks

Congrats to everyone that participated!

3 Thanks

The building period for the 11th Annual Old Lumens challenge has ended.

Thanks to all who entered this year’s contest.

Happy new year!

5 Thanks

A very exciting and suspenseful moment waiting for the final results. Good luck everyone and also happy new years

Would the membership be interested in a new category for DIY Exterior Treatments?

For those who don’t enter the OLC due to a lack of mechanical skills or resources, but possess a more artful, creative side, this type of category would allow those members an opportunity to share their talents.

Anodizing (homemade setups)
Painting (cerakote, durakote, etc.)
Hydrographics
Baking
Wraps (various cordage)
Other

Thoughts, suggestions & additional ideas requested!

3 Thanks

An official thread regarding the 12th Old_Lumens challenge will be created to discuss these possibilities. :+1:

4 Thanks

Thank you!

That sounds like a great idea, and a way to show your artistic, creative or decorating skills in a BLF way!

1 Thank