The 9th BLF Old Lumens Challenge is Now closed! Sponsors and judges thread. Results are in!

Done and done...

Seeing as we already gave away extra prizes for the peoples choice awards i am just going to leave the remaining prizes.

That's a wrap for the 9th BLF Old Lumens Challenge.

Thank you to all the sponsors, without the continued support of the sponsors this contest wouldn't be the same. We have a great community here with great community support cheers.

Thank you to the judges for your help.

Thank you to Don for doing the majority of the work and for donating prizes.

Thank you to everyone that entered we had some amazing builds this year it was great to watch.

Thanks again to all that were involved in this years contest! Particularly everydaysurvivalgear and MtnDon for running the contest, the judges behind the scenes, the sponsors for the great prizes, and of course all of those that took the time to compete.

:+1: & THANK YOU

Thank you to the participants, judges, and organizers. This event doesn’t happen without each of you. Hoping to see more entries next year, I know the world is in a strange place.

I was about to say, why not make those that won people’s choice inelligible for the rest of the four prizes and just continue down the list from there?

I was never in it for a prize anyway - but I have to say, I’m super excited for a MtnDon lantern. Of all my lights, my most highly prized are the custom work from other BLF members.

My prize selection of the Lumintop CL2 arrived today! Thank you Neal.

Also the Skilhunt E2A (people’s choice selection) arrived a couple of weeks back.

Both will be on their way soon to new homes (family members).
I do like the CL2; it is a cute little lantern.
Though if I kept it the emitters would need to be changed to a warmer CCT.

My People’s Choice Award (Astrolux LT1) arrived over the weekend. It’s pretty neat. The Baton 3 from Neal is already in US customs.

I always thought one of those would be pretty neat, but they just seem expensive especially considering a Sofirn LT1 can be had for not much more money.

The CL2 is darn cute though. I might consider modding one. I would prefer it have a simple 1C to turn off . It requires a 1H to turn off. A 1C switches modes.

I haven’t yet tried the charger as my only two 14500’s we’re full. The built in charger would likely complicate a firmware change if a piggyback Anduril capable driver was needed.

So far I don’t see how it comes apart and since it is to be gifted I want to be careful.

Sitting there on the counter it looks like it needs a custom wood sleeve body and shade. :wink:

Skilhunt have not yes respond my massage claiming the prize :(

Have you guys seen my thread?
An Idea for a new BLF challenge | BudgetLightForum.com

What are your thoughts?

PM sent.

Received the NlightD T90 today!
Hoping to get some shots to post tonight, but I can’t get it to light up, lol.
Making me feel dumb :stuck_out_tongue:
Think it’s a fit issue with the signal tube? but idk

Started thread here for troubleshooting help, if anyone has advice.

My Reylight Pineapple Brass has arrived yesterday. Reylight offered it instead of the Pineapple mini which was out of stock. I really like the looks of the Reylight Pineapple. :heart_eyes: Many thanks again! :+1:

Congrats and…next year we wanna see that ligh modded with 12 XHP70s :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

Not a bad idea, I have 10 or more XHP70.2 sitting around somewhere which would need a purpose. :innocent:

Just received my prize light, an astrolux ST01 with SST40. Thanks to the generous vendors that support the contests, and to the organizers.

It is a solid-feeling 21700 side switch tube light, and with the SST40 it has a nice all-around beam. It is impressively bright, drawing ~6.5A on turbo. The UI is a disappointment, though, with the hold for off and no shortcut to low/moon.

Finally got my prize yesterday :)

Skilhunt agreed to send me a headlamp instead of the original prize I choose.
Unfortunately I received the infamous treatment of Israel Post which sank the package in water :(

Luckily it appear like the flashlight did not damaged.
Will test it in a cave soon...

I received my wonderful MD-LT-MINI today! Pics later, enjoying it now :slight_smile:
MtnDon has created something wonderful again

Pics added, next to an obulb for comparison. One image is low mode and one is high mode, on both.

I had not meant to be so tardy in getting this done and shipped. Scallwag was very understanding and impressively patient. Life kept handing me setbacks; that is a poor excuse and I am embarrassed. Once again Scallywag, I am sorry to have kept you waiting and am very happy you like the LT-MD-MINI. Cheers. This next year will be better for all I hoe.