The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

So I signed up for two cw… how do I go if I want to switch to nw ??

The tint was just a poll, you actually select the tint when you checkout on lumintops site. So for the NW, just wait for the NW to be ready and then place an order when that email goes out.

I hope to get an update on the final tint on Monday. I might even run a poll here on BLF to get an opinion.

Signed up for the NW and a original GT upgrade.

Please do !!!

DHL said they’d be at my place sometime between 12 and 8pm, they lied, they got here at 11:45am and I’m happy…
First thing I really noticed is the reflector, it is flawless, absolutely flawless, they really have those down pat now.
Then looking at my cells, negative ends 4 of 8 dented so got out the calipers and measured the carriers.
The old carriers measure 83.33mm and the new ones are 82.94mm so that explains the dented cells.
They also changed the carriers positive end with a larger insulator than the first run.
Other than that it’s a beauty, boy that reflector is something else, we really need them to send us spares.
I think this reflector is going in the XHP35, might get a bit more throw.
My first reflectors weren’t bad only very slight ripples but Lum was still in the learning curve and compared to some I saw here my first run reflectors were pretty good, but nothing like these.

In fact here is a poll for the Neutral white tint, everyone please chime in. While it will not be the deciding factor I will send the poll to lumintop to help them in the decision.

Stock BLF GT70 P2-1A 8x30Q’s 4.21v off the SKYRC Charger….

7,650@ Turn ON…. Sitting on top of the ring.

NOT TOO SHABBY! :smiley: :+1:

Reflector is a little dusty, dry threads and o-rings, some of the screws in the 2 battery carrier’s were loose. There is still a steel spring between the + contacts, bypassing should help a bit, cleaned all contacts with NO-OX. Maybe I’ll pop the head off when I get the time and re-check with a TN42 reflector on the GT70 light engine, maybe blow some of the dust out, but it won’t show too much improvement, couple hundred lumen maybe, it hasn’t shown anything major on other Modded GT’s since I got the T/A Tube, most show best right at the ledge, even the little lights. Great heat transfer, and very stable out put drop for a FET driver, Very nice! Great Job Team BLFGT70! ( I refuse to call it GIGGLES) :person_facepalming:

:smiley: :beer:

Thanks. I will test the lumen when I get my gt70 today.

Just a quick note… The GT70 is already pretty optimized so I’m not sure what kinds of modding potential there is, but if the driver is as easy to get to as it was in the original GT, it should be pretty easy to modify the firmware.

The GT is a supported hardware platform in FSM, so if anyone wants to change the GT interface, there are some other UIs available. The main interfaces are NarsilM and Anduril, but you could also make it work like an Olight or a Zebralight or an Emisar, if desired. I could probably even finish the Meteor clone UI if that’s a thing people care about.

As people might have guessed, I’ve been using Anduril on mine. Basic ramp usage is mostly the same, but they use different mode set UI styles and different blinkies and different methods to set config options. I set mine up with a stepped ramp starting at about 10 lm, because on throwers I prefer a stepped ramp without moon.

Edit: It seems the GT70 will need a different build, because it uses a different type of driver. So it’s not supported yet, but it probably wouldn’t take long if anyone is interested.

FYI: The GT70 uses a different driver then the normal GT. It is basically a 2 channel TA driver with an indicator LED using the pin that used to drive the 3rd channel.

It is indeed easy to get to the driver and some other firmware options would be cool to see.

Okay, I looked for info about the driver but didn’t find much detail. It sounds like it isn’t directly compatible with GT firmware, but would be easy to support. Depending on the details, it might be as simple as copying the GT config and changing the ramp table.

Here is the firmware for the GT70, you should be able to see how it is setup from this:

NarsilM 1.3 GT70

I am not 100% sure this is the version that was actually put into production though but at most it should just be minor changes to the ramp if not as I tend to tweak the ramp endlessly.

Ok. I got it… 1st. Blf gt70. Maukka calibrated lights, and haikelite ht08 oslon led.

That’s exactly what I meant. I don’t really blame DHL, I blame this crooked currupt third world sh*thole of a country. And just for ease of mind that rude mark did not come from me! Hahahaha. I totally agree, DHL must be amazing in the US. Btw everything is amazing in the US, the cars, the culture, the people. It is my dream to live there someday, more specifically Texas because of the crazy gun culture there too! Love guns, muscle cars, trucks and flashlights!

LOL, sounds like you will fit right in!

Looks like Christmas came early!

Got my tube…

Maukka calibrated light. 295.8 lumen

TA tube. 313 lumen

That’s within 5.8 % margin error… very nice.

how to screenshot on windows 7

I hear ya’ Maverick… :+1: No worries about the Rude mark either… I honestly never figured it came from you.
The way you tell things like they are … I knew if you had a problem with me you would tell me straight out. :wink:

I honestly hope your “dream” will come true one day my friend!! :slight_smile:

A BIG +1 to that!! :wink:

Looks like you hit the delivery lottery today Newlumen!! Congrats… :+1: