The Secret Life of the Cat

I don’t know if many here can watch on BBC iPlayer, but as a cat lover I thought this was really interesting watch:

Edit - you can also watch it on YouTube:

Unfortunately, not able to play here.

Is this the same video, here on youtube

I guess being in Australia means I can’t watch it. I would search for a UK proxy, but I just woke up…

BTW: Dogs are better :slight_smile:

It was hard to upload just one picture, I take about 5 photos of my dog a day.

Thanks for that, Chloe. It’s in the queue for watching. (With a cat or two in the lap, of course.)

Agree! Dogs FTW!!!
I do like kittens though, they are playful and don’t plot to murder you in your sleep!!!

i prefer dogs too, but i also love cats... at the moment i cant have a dog, so i have a lil wild half Siamese half Persian half wild animal kitten named onyx the psycho ninja cat

Did you see that baby rabbit that one of the cats caught? That thing was huge!

Owner of 5 cats, and 3 dogs :slight_smile:

Lol, yeah it was big and for a second I thought the lady was taking it out of her purse but I guess it was some sort of bag.

On a side note, what a nice little town that place is; nice people, beautiful greenery, and of course all those curious cats.

I could not access it out of UK

I love kitty cats.

They taste just like chicken. :evil:

I watched the programme on TV when it was first broadcast earlier in the week. Interesting, but I didn’t think the conclusions were that earth shattering.

Basically, cats don’t roam off too far from their homes; have a pretty set routine; and avoid conflict with other cats as much as possible. I always thought cats got fed in a few homes, but I liked the bit where a cat went in and nicked another cat’s food while it was out. :slight_smile:

Although the total “kill” in the village for the week wasn’t huge, I still think cats should be compelled to wear a bell to warn the birds that a little killing machine is around.

Yes, this is the one. Thanks for the link!

Cats FTW, dogs are nice also! I have 2 “naughty” calico kittys :slight_smile:

I love calico cats!

I like birds but I’d rather cats didn’t wear bells because they hate them! I don’t think they really want to wear collars either. I really don’t like the “presents” (yuck!) but I hope they can retain their hunting instinct even though they can be so cruel.

True. I once had a Patterdale terrier dog, and in the (too) short time I had him he managed to kill 2 blackbirds, 2 crows, and a pigeon. Not to mention the rats, rabbits and, would you believe, moles (twice - first time I’d seen a mole live, briefly) he killed. Nature red in tooth and claw.

Wow! :open_mouth: