The SYNIOSBEAM - CFT90 recoil thrower

Thanks for confirming that.

Thanks for letting us know.
I have one question about it. I contacted them asking how deep it is and they replied very quickly saying its 1 7/8 inch deep. If it has a 4 inch focus length, does that mean that the led would have to be mounted almost 2 inches in front of the rim rather then below it like your one is? and there by letting some light escape?

Yes there will be some light escaping, very little though.
You can use this calculator to estimate the performance and lumen collection and all that stuff.

The reflector I have with 3” focal length has the outer edge about .5” from the LED plane, so it collects a more extreme angle of light (which is what makes it very difficult to focus)
This 4” FL reflector will collect 85% of light instead of 96% like mine, which is a very small difference, and I think it’s worth it for the improvement in focusing ease.

I got the reflector from my friend sma :innocent:

Awesome, can’t wait :slight_smile:

I ordered one of those glass lenses, will see how it is soon! so that everyone knows, the seller has more sizes than what they have listed so you just need to ask.

So when will you finally put the CFT-90 into the light?

Just received the driver from Lexel! :smiley:
I will start building the second searchlight tomorrow, should only take a week or two to finish.

Where’s the popcorn? I know I’m going to love whats coming. :heart_eyes:

!

Did some late-night soldering, got a bunch of the electronics done for the second syniosbeam (let’s call this one the luminusbeam? :stuck_out_tongue: )

16 AWG bypasses on all battery carriers, since this unit could run up to 200W of power.

Got a brand new digital soldering station too, the Weller 1010, works great and has 70W of power at an affordable price.
About time I got myself a decent soldering iron, I’ve been using a 30W potato for the past decade :person_facepalming:

First thing that comes to mind looking at your picture is this, synchrotron. :slight_smile:
Good to see you have a good iron to work with now. Put a big chisel tip on it and you wont know yourself.

Some pictures of the beautiful custom driver made by lexel:

Very flat, under 5mm in order to fit inside the restricted space in the light :stuck_out_tongue:
Definitely not your typical flashlight driver.

German engineering! :smiley:

The mother of all drivers

Driver? Where? I see a white board with some black magic applied to it. :beer:

Wouldn’t mind getting one of those drivers!

Looking great Enderman. I have 4 of those drivers coming my way from Lexel. Mine will be configured for 36V input and 9A output.

I look forward to seeing your light come to life with the new monster LED.

What LED are you driving? Also CFT90?

Light bar and Aux lights. 240 watts and 100 watts respectfully.

LEDs are xhp-35 HI & HD for the light bar and xhp-70 and 70.2’s for the Aux lights.

Oh nice.

Lexel drivers ftw :slight_smile: