The SYNIOSBEAM - CFT90 recoil thrower

Look what arrived today and yes, I am holding it upside down :stuck_out_tongue:
Lucky Enderman found this. fast shipping too.

That looks sick :smiley: can’t wait to see what you build with that monster.

Its not going to be as fancy as your design, probably a see through design kinda like this one: as I like seeing how things work. Wont be starting it for at least a month though.

Nice! You’re the guy that built that crazy watercooled thing :smiley:

btw how does the quality of the mirror look? no warping in the parabola? does it flex at all?

Out of interest I’ve sent for details and pricing on the WLazer W30B 3-4 km White lazer.???

It’d be ideal following channel leads when coming home in the dark to moorings.
Led’s are fine. BUT
 these things. Who knows hey.

No flex that I can tell, there is a small dimple in the very centre.
Will take some photos tomorrow.
Lighter ( get it) than I expected.

yep, that’s me :stuck_out_tongue: (Over 100,000 lumens)

reflector shots at different angles and next to the garage door because it has lots of straight lines.

the small dimple:

Weight:

Hmm it looks pretty good but only having an LED in front will really tell.
The dimple in the middle doesn’t matter since that part will be blocked by the LED anyway :slight_smile:

So this is just a teaser beamshot of the CFT90 :stuck_out_tongue: The beam is very out of focus though.

Here it is slightly better:

running at 36 amps, 75% of driver capacity.
Yes it is actually this bright IRL. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I am leaving on vacation and won’t be able to finish the light until the end of august, but it is very close to done as you can see it working in the pics.
Left to do:
-replace pump (had a small leak)
-adjust some tubing lengths and types
-install e-switch into body
-fix focus (reflector needs to be a couple mm farther forward, so I need slightly longer screws)
-measure lux
I have some progress pics that I’ll post during the summer, but it won’t be finished and there will be no more beamshots until end of august.

That looks so bright I think I see heaven through the beam! :sunglasses:

You better skip vacation and do some work on the light. j/k Even out of focus it appears like a laser in the sky. I am looking forward to seeing the new LED in action.

Thanks :smiley: yeah it is pretty insane, never had a flashlight with a beam this bright.

I’m actually going to try to mod my old optofire (which I brought with me on vacation) to see if I can get a super bright beam too.
Since I already got the throw numbers for the optofire, and the syniosbeam has higher throw anyway, the optofire has just turned into my experimentation light :slight_smile:

Soooo
the end of August has passed. :wink:

It’s almost done :slight_smile:
Just need to put the reflector in today and start taking beamshots.

How isn’t this your new avatare? :smiley:

Haha it would look more like this if I used the syniosbeam:

Running 40A to the LED.
There was less than 5% improvement by increasing to 48A, not worth it.
The cooling system works, the outside body of the light gets very warm during use thanks to the liquid cooling loop and copper piping.
The back plate of the light keeps the driver and pump cool.

:+1:
Is there anything you dare shining on?

finally! :slight_smile:

Nice. This has the most “solid” (most sharply defined with high lumens) beam of all led “flashlights”.
Can you do beamshots again where you are further away from the light?