The thread you weren't supposed to look at - 3 Luminus throwers build, Finished 08/30/15 - LUX numbers and beam shots in Post #1

Nice job on the rings. Keeping two parts centered on two other parts is no small feat.

08/25-2015 - Finally, I am back on this project! More photos in the OP.

One of these days Old Lumens will shine a bat signal on the moon.

Future will bring many interesting things :smiley:
P.S. Could you please give us a link to that reflector? thanks.

This driver...what to call it? I don't know--it's pretty crazy though. It was custom designed with this build in mind, with the goal of driving those Luminous LEDs hard.

It puts out about ~10A constant current output from 2S cells and has low voltage protection, temperature protection, and very low drain when off (designed with momentary use in mind). It is a 4-layer board, with maximum thermal performance in mind. I ran them continuously without a heatsink until the temperature sensor kicked in (~80C), then I potted the big heat generating components for an extra bit of insurance.

I'm really excited to see them run with the luminous LEDs in those big reflectors.

I believe its this reflector.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022485

And heres another thread on a TH61 mod using this reflector.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32466

The two reflectors have been reported to be the same.

I’m not sure what you’re going for there…

Thanks, that is the reflector.

I lived in Iowa once. Fort Madison, Belle Plaine. Did a lot of fishing in some of the lakes and larger ponds there, all over the eastern and southern parts of the state. Loved the fall, with all the migrating flocks. Sort of miss it, compared to here.

I’m originally from Nebraska, so I wouldn’t dare admit if I actually liked it here.

Thanks for reflector link :wink:

There’s no shame in liking where you live.

Even if it’s Iowa. :wink:

More photos in the bottom of the OP. It's getting there slowly. I don't have much time now. I got a job and signed all the paperwork today.

It is so ironic. Where did I end up? Right the hell back where I was in my last job! Carrier sold out and Trane came in and bought it. So, it's still big air conditioners, just like it was. Same guards were hired back, more or less. Same guard shack, same location, different guard company and it took them all this time, to get it up and going.

It borders on idiotic! The new guard company is G4S, (Wackenhut). I will say, it's the most paperwork I have ever seen in my life. Over 1-1/2" stack of papers to sign and initial. Then a week of training. Crazy stuff, but it's a job. Basically the same pay too. Well, if it gets me to 62, that's all I really need. Once I hit 62, I'm taking retirement and continue to work part time, till I decide what else I want to do.

You’re not even 62 and you claim to be “Old” Lumens?
Very glad to hear you found work, maybe that means I’m due.

Nope, it means I like “Old Lumens”, like candles and incandescent bulbs.

… How ironic.

I user to work for a company that supplied carrier with their centrifugal clutches for those refrigeration units.
Glad you got a new/old new job

Looking forward to seeing these up and running, pleased things worked out on the job front for you as well.