The thread you weren't supposed to look at - 3 Luminus throwers build, Finished 08/30/15 - LUX numbers and beam shots in Post #1

Probably, the best way would be to raise the led off the mcpcb and then adjust down as needed. I really do not like the reflectors all that much. I think that they have a rough finish, for what they should be and I really don’t care for the profile of the reflector. It seems like it is not the best for a led. It’s hard to describe, but after playing with reflectors for a long time, it just doesn’t seem like it would be good for a thrower. I think this reflector, with the XHP70 and a light stipple, might be really good and since I have a spare, maybe sometime I will find out.

Oh, and as far as your demands? Read my lips...

I can tell you that these leds have got to be getting high amps and also higher voltage, because each one is a little blue and they aren't 7000k leds, so that means they are getting stressed to the max. Might not last long, but they sure are bright as hell.

if these reflectors are not the best, which ones are? Are there some other comparably big aluminum reflectors with a smooth finish that are better?

Most likely, there isn’t one better. Not a lot of after market reflectors that are high quality.

Lux numbers are in Post #1.

Beam shots are up now.

Glad to hear how well things are working out Justin. And you’re probably right about the reflector shape- things which don’t “look right” to an experienced eye usually aren’t right.

Phil