The Ultimate "Budget" EDC light, for LESS than 2 bucks. **UPDATE with MOD INFO**

Thanks for the link, That looks like another good mega-budget light to mod. I like the design that it runs on one or two AA cells. (similar to the Olight S15 set up) it may even work with a single 14500 if the driver can handle the higher voltage.

The page/site has errors though, i may search for another known seller who may have them to get one or two. :slight_smile:

got some 3w on the way…
figure underdriving 3w more efficient

Nice mod DBSAR. Its a lot easier than rebuilding the whole light. :beer:

its modding at an Ultra-Budget level. :slight_smile:

I have one from another store no one has heard of: http://www.buyincoins.com/item/1391.html#.VJ8Ckv9rsXA for $2.89. It says “POLICE” then the model number. The threads were rough but fit well. It has a plastic pill, like the SS-5039s I have been modifying, which I replaced with one from a #3 Zoomie 3 Mode. I just took off the o-ring and filed it down about a mm. to fit. I didn’t take off the star and driver to file it, so it was an easy mod. Works great. Looks and feels great. It is nearly as bright with one AA cell as with two but draws only a third the current. It would work with one 14500, but I don’t like using them with boost drivers. It will make a good present.

Buyincoins has free shipping, while Tvc-Mall estimates $5.21 for shipping one and $12.63 for three.

The Pailide GL-037-13 is out of stock at Buyincoins. I have a similar looking black Smiling Shark brand light which I carried for EDC for a while.

I have a couple similar lights, maybe i may mod them when i have time.

Just a heads-up that these lights seem to be back in stock at BIC :slight_smile:

And Meritline have them in black at $1.99 for 2 (plus shipping). Might work out even cheaper if you are buying in quantity. :wink:

….or maybe not. Cheapest shipping for me was $13.50! :open_mouth:

Good to hear !
i will update the OP.

Shows still out of stock on BIC for me…

So 1W Police-type flashlights are the only ones for this ultra-budget mod ATM?
Bought 10x1W NW emiters, now need something to fit them. Thinking about this one:

OOH!! Need to see the innards of these little lights!

look like a clone of the cheap 18650
do they have pill like the 18650 version ?

This one looks like Pailide from first post:

I got the light posted on the previous page. I bought it from Aliexpress for $1.79. Here is the innards of it. Everything came out the front when pushed from battery tube.

I gave my first one to a five year old and did another.

I did the pill a bit differently.

The pill from this $2 #3 is hollow and has next mode memory, but is still a big improvement.

I don’t get how yours slides out when mine don’t even budge.

I should use a vise if I can find one

Insert a wood dowel or something similar, cover the front section with a rag and your hand, then push it against the floor. Everything will come out from the front.

These lights usually come apart by pushing things out the back of the head. I use an alkaline cell to push on the window. If a metal pill gets stuck, the window breaks. I broke one window trying to get the stock light apart.

The cheap police lights which are two parts only are assembled from the front!
They need to be pushed out from behind.
Just put in a old AA battery, put another old battery on top and with a slight hammer punch the “pill” will come out through the front.