The Ultimate "Budget" EDC light, for LESS than 2 bucks. **UPDATE with MOD INFO**

look like a clone of the cheap 18650
do they have pill like the 18650 version ?

This one looks like Pailide from first post:

I got the light posted on the previous page. I bought it from Aliexpress for $1.79. Here is the innards of it. Everything came out the front when pushed from battery tube.

I gave my first one to a five year old and did another.

I did the pill a bit differently.

The pill from this $2 #3 is hollow and has next mode memory, but is still a big improvement.

I don’t get how yours slides out when mine don’t even budge.

I should use a vise if I can find one

Insert a wood dowel or something similar, cover the front section with a rag and your hand, then push it against the floor. Everything will come out from the front.

These lights usually come apart by pushing things out the back of the head. I use an alkaline cell to push on the window. If a metal pill gets stuck, the window breaks. I broke one window trying to get the stock light apart.

The cheap police lights which are two parts only are assembled from the front!
They need to be pushed out from behind.
Just put in a old AA battery, put another old battery on top and with a slight hammer punch the “pill” will come out through the front.

sweet. the dowel method works best

thanks guys :smiley:

now I can mod them with ease :smiley:

OOS again it looks like, at least at BIC

That doesn’t narrow things down much. Lots of cheap lights are available saying “police” on them.

Got the info here: 3W 1AA Led Police Flashlight
Seems to be standard that these AA lights are assembled from front.

I got 3 from buyin coins — and for those, to get the guts push out, I had to push from the lens side.
I found I could slide a fingernail around the edge of the lens and it kind of popped loose then pushing the lens makes the pill pop out past the threads.

Perhaps you mean “3W White LED 2 AA Handy Camping Flashlight”. I have not tried loosening the window with a finger nail, but that is one that pushed out the back. Others do that: a nut and bold shaped 1xAA light, the MXDL CR123a and especially my favorite SS-5039.
The 2/1AA light, that I broke the window of, trying to get the pill out, has the inside threaded and the pill held in by a ring of “tin” (thin chromium plated sheet steel, like a tin can) with 5 small holes around the outside. I don’t know if it was pressed or screwed in, but I couldn’t get it out without punching holes.
I have not encountered one that pressed out the front. That would mean that the thing is held together only by plastic press fit. The ones I have all have a ledge or constriction on the inside front that holds the window in, so that they don’t come apart without unscrewing the battery tube from the head.

Yep, that’s what I got (it is a 3-part light, for comparison)

Did this mod tonight. Ordered the light I've mentioned here. But this is what I've received:

imgur.com/a/s4ndo/embed

Still looks like a very close relative ofPailidein the first post. All mod instructions applied.

Ordered NW beads from the sameseller as the OP butfind the tint somewhat yellow. Unfortunately phone camera makes it look whiter than it really is.

imgur.com/a/tz8y0/embed

Anyone seen the real Pailide light lately? Not at BuyInCoins …

Might be called “Pailide GL-037-13” from reading above.

oddly i did not get any notification of replies to this topic. I encountered the same problem with the last batch of these Luxeon clones i ordered.
Its a lottery hit-&-miss with these. the first 50 i ordered they were near perfect and very close in tint to a 219 Nichia, but after that a second order from the same seller i got a batch that was much greener in tint, then some were warmer.

I have been unable to find these for quite some time sadly.

i have one of these too. These are still available from suppliers, and easy to mod.