The Year of Dragon GAW from Sofirn

#Sofirn2024
Thank you for the GAW.

How did I get to know Sofirn?

At first I was kind of a person who buy a flashlight just to light on something and I didnt care about UI, led, CRI, throw, flood, etc, you know what I mean. Then I was looking for a replacement for my old flashlight and I stumbled upon BLF forum.
I read plenty article there and then I got to know about Anduril UI, which was really interesting for me. Because I like to “personalize” my EDC.
After a bit research, I’ve read many recommendation about a budget flashlight that has Anduril 2, small, versatile, good CRI. So I bought a Sofirn SP10 Pro. That was a “mistake” … From 1 sofirn flashlight with Anduril UI, I have now plenty of them… SC31 Pro, IF25A, SC21 Pro, SP36 Pro.
I use mostly SP10 Pro and SC31 Pro for my EDC and the additional magnetic tail is awesome. I never thought I would need them but now I cant live without it, it is just helpful. Then I bought a couple more for family member and they loved it.
I have awesome experiences with Sofirn so far and hopefully it will stay that way this year and I’m looking forward for more Anduril 2 flashlights.
My wallet says thank you also :laughing:

#Sofirn2024

D25L and SP40 headlamps are used often when working on household work, or automotive repairs. The beloved LT1 has been great reassurance for power outages.

Thanks for another generous giveaway!

#Sofirn2024

My very first Sofirn light was the SP40.

I purchased it over 4 years ago and it’s the only headlamp I own.
I currently own 5 other Sofirn lights and would love to own a Q8plus!

1. What convenience does Sofirn product give me in my life?

I love the Q8 Plus and the SP36 Pro. Nothing else has the same balance of an amazing UI, great power, and a large battery capacity in an easy to carry package, two of my favourite flooders of all time, the Q8 Plus in particular I use around the house a lot, or if I’m going walking and need a big flooder. I also like the SP10 Pro a lot, as the only anduril light that can use an eneloop, making it a great car light and light for low temperatures.

1. How did I get to know Sofirn?

Sofirn were on my list of brands I was interested in since I first got into the hobby, they were the second brand I ever bought any lights from with the Q8 Plus. Overall, straight away it was obvious they offered excellent value for money and good driver designs with the attiny1616 that were easy to update.

#sofirn2024

How did I get to know Sofirn?

I own the original Thorfire made BLF Q8 and later I read about Sofirn Q8 possibly replacing it and speculations about Thorfire and Sofirn being the same company/OEM.

I recommend their diffusers if you already own one of their bigger lights like the SP36/Q8 family to maximize utility.

Thanks for the giveaway!
#Sofirn2024

👉"2" - How did I learn about Sofirn?
#Sofirn2024

I was actually a reviewer of the SP33 v3, contacted by chance with a message from a Sofirn representative almost 4 years ago. I was pretty objective and overall gave Sofirn a thumbs up. But what really excited me was when Sofirn decided to be the production company for the BLF LT1.

@DBSAR led the design effort, but the overall BLF team was a great group of BLF skilled volunteers who helped make this project happen. While there were some struggles, Sofirn did pull through with a well made lantern. The quality is excellent. There have been many lantern spin-offs since then, but the LT1 is a special flashlight for me. I always think of it when the name Sofirn comes up.

#Sofirn2024

1. What convenience does Sofirn product give me in my life?
    It illuminates darkness

#Sofirn2024

My first sofirn was the hs10 which I use all the time for painting miniatures or work on other flashlights. It’s size is great making it light enough to wear on my head for long periods of time.

#sofirn2024

My favorite flashlight is Sofirn HD 20.
What convenience does it give me?
it is head-mounted and this is a great advantage and convenience
has a large supply of energy
low and high beam
turbo mode
power bank
fast charging
color anodizing
magnet
strong body
water protection
thermal protection
great price
I recommend to everyone . the best .

#Sofirn2024

First Sofirn lights were the Sofirn SF10’s
the AA clone version of the xiaozhi (s6)…
My Evil plan years ago was to
make the pair of them into BLF lights .

One of the few lights I’ve given away that I’d like to have a little stash of .

#Sofirn2024
I got to know sofirn through this forum and the subreddit. Really like the SP10 series, still have several of them.
favourite sofirn light is probably the sp10pro :slight_smile:

#Sofirn2024

Got to know Sofirn on Reddit looking for cheaper alternative to Thrunite, to give as gifts.
The HS10 makes a great dog walking headlamp for most people.

I have some Sofirn lights that I do like very much. However, IMO, it is not a free giveaway if I must become a shill to enter.

I agree Don, but what concerns me about these type of ‘giveaways’ is they are not even BLF giveaways, they are just advertising for a Facebook giveaway/wider social media - they are little more than (almost) fee free advertising and they are nothing to do with the BLF.
IMO, these shouldn’t be allowed in this category. If you want to do a give away, do it PROPERLY by following the rules already clearly set out.
Also, at the end of the day I’d expect disregard for the rules from smaller/newer brands which don’t frequent here a great deal and could claim they didn’t know the rules - but I WOULDN’T expect it from Sofirn who I’m pretty sure know the rules after all these years.
I don’t think these type of things should be banned though as some have no issues with social media and that is completely up to them, but I don’t think they should be in the ‘Giveaways and Contests’ category which are historically exclusive to the BLF, perhaps it might be an idea to make a ‘social media giveaways’ category since this type of rule breaking seems to be happening much more frequently now.
Maybe have 2 categories - ‘BLF Giveaways and Contests’ and another ‘Social media Giveaways and Contests’ seems to me that might help clear it up, but hey, what do I know lol!
BETTER still, why not host your giveaway here, but instead of driving people off here to enter it, advetise it on Facebook etc etc and point them here! more clicks, more members, more money for the upkeep of the site.

#Sofirn2024

Got to know Sofirn from this forum. I have bought a few for gifts.

Read the title. And my internet-saturated brain served up “Year of the Dragon deez :peanuts: :peanuts: 'cross yo face!”

I need to unplug a bit lol

1 Thank

We could always ask what @sb56637 thinks of your idea/suggestion, right?

Just did that

#Sofirn2024

I was researching about buying decent flashlight, and the Sofirn SP10 Pro got my attention. A small, lightweight, configurable and high-CRI light, it was impressive compared to my previous flashlights when it arrived.

#Sofirn2024

What convenience does Sofirn product give me in my life?

I have the SP36BLF, C01 LE and a LT1, and none of them have let me down even once. I honestly think, this brand provides the best price/options/performance/reliability combo and it’s the first one I recommend to people who are looking to dip their toes into the world of high powered flashlights.

Thanks for the GAW! :beer: