This is good, cheap glow tape-Mark flashlights to find in the dark

I bought a roll of this …

https://www.banggood.com/Self-Adhesive-Green-Luminous-Tape-Waterproof-Photoluminescent-Tape-12mm-Wide-Glow-In-The-Dark-Stage-Home-Decor-p-1006681.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Cheap & quite useful

I bought the one at work from a russian ebay seller for 60 dollars, but you need the 400-500V power supply also, preferably one with a speaker for that oldschool ticking sound.

Those things are expensive. One of the dirty secrets is that people living in concrete condos are subjected to more radiation.

I wanted one if i could buy it for 100 bucks but nope…

Besides, who knows when I’ll find some glowy tape that needs to be tested.

It’s a curious conundrum… The evil double-edged sword of fake posts. The community detests them, but they help pay the bills…

That’s pretty neat — never knew Victorinox ever released knives with GITD scales. Is this is an old or recent model?

Huh? Whut?

Most times all I need is my nose to detect pancakes, but if someone wants to hide some from me, I’d love to be able to find ’em anyway.

Dirty secret? Unless you’ve got contaminated material, the levels of radiation will be insignificant to one’s health and will be similar to any brick or concrete building.

Of greater concern are buildings built in regions with radon producing geology (mostly granites).

One of my favourite XKCD comics of all time illustrates radiation dose:

https://xkcd.com/radiation/

Granite counter-tops that’re oh so the rage nowadays. Depending where they’re from, they can practically glow in the dark.

Nice collection! I like the StayGlow scale material. Durable, and if dropped, easy to find.

Related older radiation discussion thread here:

Cool! I didn’t know that! I want some glow-in-the-dark granite countertops now! :sunglasses:

Yeah, they belch out nookyooler gases that give you all sorts of cancers and not-so-fun stuff.

Divorce is way quicker. :zipper_mouth_face:

Well, I actually prefer Quartz tops anyway. But a couple dozen miles away is a town called Granite Quarry. So there’s quite a bit of Granite around my area of the world. I don’t have Granite (or Quartz) tops in my kitchen, but there are some Granite blocks intermingled with the brick on the outside of my home for aesthetic purpose, like many homes in my neighborhood. Also, a lot of the street curbing is Granite, and some homes have Granite benches in their yard and other Granite decorations. :open_mouth:

Worktops and curbs and benches probably insignificant to your annual dose of background radiation. If your house is on granite bedrock, have a look online to see if you are in a high risk area for radon, it can be a significant health concern. Radon.

Whoa. You’re, like, on ground-zero…

Definitely watch out for Radon. After duking it out with Godzilla, he’s been feeling particularly cross.

I think imma have to try some of this on the tips of my catfishing rods. Ive tried glow in the dark tape before but it comes off over time. Never thought about a glowing pigment mixed in an acrylic or lacquer base that could be brushed on a rod tip. Thanks for the idea.

Would you believe that AE is the official supplier of cheap glow tape for Grand Canyon?
:wink:

don’t be surprised if tape is still better than paint
not sure what this LIT stuff is though
the tape can hold more pigment ‘together’ than paints usually do
i don’t have this LIT stuff but i have at least 10 different glow paints and the aliexpress tape outglows them all
except one “paint” which is really glue with thick crumbs of glow plastic embedded - which are again, thicker than actual paint, and they do glow pretty well but just in spots
fine for covering your bedroom ceiling with sparkly star like green dots
but not really paint

wle