ThorFire C8s UK need review! 20 people needed![UK Only]

My light came this afternoon, very nice indeed. :wink:

Mine has also arrived, first impression are very good. Arrived well packaged and seems well made. Extremely bright white light With no apparent nasty tint.

will give it some use outside in a bit and theN write a review for them.

Mine arrived this afternoon, looks nice, I like the UI.

I’ve tried it out with the 18650s I had here, Samsung 30Q, Panasonic NCR18650B and Eagletac 3400 protected all working fine. Once I’ve played with it and done my Amazon review I’ll probably gift this to someone with no experience of 18650s, should I recommend using protected cell or is that not necessary in a 1 cell light?

I found this review and tear-down from 3Tronics Thorfire C8s review and teardown

Just taken it outside for a very quick test against a Nitecore EA41 and I’m shocked. Much better throw and up close almost the same useable spill.

On medium it has a fair bit more throw than a Thrunite TN36 on turbo. I tested it to some trees about 100m away and there was no contest.

Against a Thrunite TN31its got slighlty less throw on high than at level 3 on the TN31

I’m getting a reading of 1.84A on high

Many thanks, ordered

I believe the driver in this light has low voltage protection (perhaps someone could confirm this) so you should be Ok with unprotected cells.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Received mine, seems almost brighter indoors than my blf lucky sun D80, my most similar light, but I need to go outside to check throw. Similarly it was smaller than expected, I’ve always seen pictures of c8s and wondered why people would think they seemed to be pocketable but this one definitely is. The anodizing is nice and quite different, being matte. Overall feels like a nice mid range light. Definetly better than cheap ultrafire versions. Due to the square cut threads, which were well greased, nice reflector etc I also believe this c8 will be a nice host. Will post a much more in depth review on Amazon and maybe a link back to BLF for safe batteries.

Mines hasnt arrived yet hope it gets here tomorrow .

I’ve gone for one too, I’ll see what it’s like when it arrives :slight_smile:

Well how about that? It arrived today. First impressions are very favourable. Well manufactured, the ano is some kind of extra-matt black. The seams between the constituent parts - bezel, head, tube, switch - are tight and if you squint they are almost invisible. Threads are smooth and the switch isn’t too stiff. Moon mode is a nice touch for this type of torch are the other modes are well spaced. The tint is a bright white with no rings or artefacts.

If I had paid £15 for it I’d consider that good value.

I wrote a pretty indepth review on Amazon but it hasn't appeared, I wonder if the number of reviews in a short time this evening has made Amazon check the reviews more stringently?

strangely, a similar review I did for some eFest batteries after doing the ThorFire review has already appeared.

I've emailed Amazon to ask if there is a problem.

Ordered Wednesday evening, arrived today. It probably helps that I work next to the local Royal Mail depot! :slight_smile: I also ordered a light meter, so hopefully I should have some runtime measurements in a day or two.

Great stuff, mine arrive yesterday because Amazon Prime. I haven’t even opened the box yet. I’ll be attempting to review it over the weekend.

Mines has arrived im impressed with the quality it feels great in the hand and the matt paint job is very nice it feels more expensive then it is . Just have to wait for darkness to do battle with now to see how it shines .

My review hasn’t showed up either yet. I also included a sentence referring people back here who are unfamiliar with 18650 batteries to learn about which to buy and how to charge them.

mine has appeared some time this morning, so they must be manually approving them.

edit

if you posted as "Amazon Customer" your review is showing now (it mentions this forum in that review).

A runtime plot over 80 minutes on max with a Keeppower 18650 3100mAh:

I think that is pretty good. Obviously it runs a lot longer, but I was tired. And please note the brightness units are arbitrary and not lumens. Mine is very well made.

I bought a couple thorfire lights - 1xAA & 18650 tube light. They both work well and quality seems quite good. I’d say on par with convoy but maybe a hair below? Tint on mine was a nice clean cool white. Not blue or purple but not neutral either. Overall good buys for the money IMHO

Mine has arrived and I am happy to confirm that the driver does indeed have low voltage protection. At 3v it switches to low mode and starts blinking. I haven’t yet tested if it shuts off completely at a lower voltage. Strange that Thorfire make no mention of this important feature.

This light is a perfect alternative for those who want Convoy quality but prefer a removable pill for easier modding.
Nice one Thorefire!

Not sure if I’m sold on the matt finish though, time will tell……