ThorFire JM07 (Shadow Clone??) $9.99 @Amazon

Got mine today. Took 30 days total time. Looks great, works great. I think the lumens are way off. I’m thinking 800/250/100 but just a guestimation.

Any requests / questions for when I review

Here are some beamshots I took with mine…………

Light 3ft from Gray Wall!

50yds (high)

50yds (medium)

Gate 100 yds

175yds

Nice beamshots, thanks.

Mine arrived today :slight_smile: 12 days from China to UK, a new record for me. Nice one Thorfire.
Lovely torch, it will take something special to beat this as the bargain of the year.
It outclasses the Ultrafire F13 in every way. The F13 weighs 169g compared to the JM07 at 202g. Most of that extra weight is in the head which is one serious chunk of metal. Shouldn’t be any problem with heat sinking methinks.

Strangely, on mine the JM07 has been written backwards.

Thanks for the tipoff bikenber73!

Maybe thats why they were discounted? Anybody else

The battery tube works either direction on mine, is the “Thorfire” backwards also? If so just screw the tube in the other way.

Ah, yes. Usually they are not anodized on the head end, but a picture from this review JMo7 Shows it’s anodized on both ends. Yep, just spin it around.

No, the JM07 is written backwards compared to the Thorfire logo on the other side of the tube.
It’s no big deal, I just wondered if that was the reason for the discount, as Dusty said.

Just got 1 hour 59 min out of a ncr18650b 3400mah.

Maintained full brightness for 50 min. Half brightness for 30. And 40% for the last 40 min.

At 1:59 it flashed and dropped to a low mode. Battery was 3.34v

Testing with some high drain now

Putting my review up tonight
Once I have more data

Mine shipped….

To my old address. (stupid Amazon keeps overriding my new address).

Not sure if I’ll ever get to lay hands on it, as my old place is a black hole where my mail goes, never to be heard from again.

If anyone is unhappy with this light I would be happy to take one off someones hands.

Got mine today what a sweet deal!

Received my JM07 today.

No, it’s not lego-able with the JM35. Different thread patterns.

As it seems mine is the only one with reversed lettering I guess that makes it a rarity, unique, a one-off, a valuable collectors item even.
I’m gonna be rich I tells ya, RICH! :crown:

It appears so. Mine is etched correctly, and no one else has mentioned it. Treasure that oddity!

I ordered mine on 2/1, shipped 2/2, been in limbo until today. Tracking never worked after it left China 2/6. Thorfire emailed me for a review 10 days ago. So I did. Emailed them and told them that I didn’t have a flashlight to review. Thorfire CS immediately got in touch with me and offered a $3 refund, which I accepted. I was surprised to not get the whole CNY runaround. I am very impressed with their CS, especially considering that it was only a ten dollar purchase. Very nice light and I will definitely be adding more Thorfires to my small collection.

I ordered two of them the same day - Feb 1st, and the 1st arrived 2/22 and 2nd arrived yesterday, 3/4. The first one's mod is done - XM-L2 U4 1C on 20mm Noctigon, FET+1 driver with SIR800DP FET, Narsil firmware (UI programmable modes, etc.).

The 2nd light, stock, on a EFEST IMR 4200 26650, 2.62A tail (clamp meter):

lumens:983 @start, 949 @30 secs, 25 kcd - 316 meters (measured at 5m)

The modded 1st light on a EFEST 4200 @4.22v, 5.43A tail (clamp meter):

lumens:1904 @start, 1836 @30 secs, 53 kcd - 460 meters (measured at 5m)

stripped and prep'ed stock driver. Notice solder pts for adding ground pads, and breaking out the e-switch connection:

Wiring:

Final setup, w/12K resistor on the FET gate and 2nd 10 uF cap added, ATtiny85 MCU:

Exactly the same story here… Emailed CS when I heard nothing for a month: they told me shipping can take up to 20 business days (that’s about what had elapsed) and asked me to wait a few more days. So I did, and my light finally showed up today. Haven’t even had time to open it up yet, but it’s good to know it exists and isn’t lost!

Very Nice Tom E, you are an artist. Pretty impressive numbers coming from that. How does that body handle the heat?

Thanks! Last night I did a 2 minute test - head gets quite warm, and evenly spread (by feel only) but the heat is not going down the tube at all, seems like. So, since the threaded connection is anodized, I'm adding thermal grease on the connection from the battery tube to the head and see if that helps - it should.

The head is one piece - nice chunk of aluminum. Excellent design thermally, and think that 2 min test pretty much proved out the design. The shelf under the MCPCB is quite thick, but has the depression in the center - not good, but I filled it with thermal grease, but I don't think these small depressions make much difference. I'm upgrading the firmware now on it, might have a driver issue, not sure. Hopefully back together and working today.

Update:

I got my light! I got a hold of the people living at my old place and they hung onto it for me.

Interesting Tidbit: My box and everything in the box is Thorfire, except the light is marked Shadow lol

Time to get a couple 26650’s and I’ll have a great light to hand to someone to use and not have to fear they will burn it up.