Thorfire VG10 on sale again $9.99 at Amazon

I believe I got my resistors from Mouser. I can’t remember, it’s been awhile.
A quick google turned up these R100 and I believe Fasttech has them.

It doesn’t get too hot, at least not to hot to hold in the 5+ minutes I ran it on high. It does transfer heat to the body well. I should probably get some new thermal compound, what I have is 10+ years old. It was the best in it’s time :person_facepalming:
From what I’ve read, some get over 5+amps from these U4 led’s on DD. I may be getting close to 4a if tested with a clamp meter. I would be more worried about the driver failing, but I have a C8s, same driver, same resistor mod, that has been running for a year with no problems.

Has anyone successfully built a triple with this light as yet?

Got any pictires of the board after you added the resistors.

I've never attempted it but I am willing to try it if I can get the parts and don't screw up what I'm soldering them on.

^

If you are sticking with 1 cell, just short the resister. It's a buck driver and doesn't have enough voltage overhead to properly regulate with one cell and an XML2. If you are going to use 2S cells or more, I would recommend taking taking even smaller steps them .1 ohms at a time.

• So don't add the R100?
  • And is not then which resistor. I'm really not as lost as that sounds I just have not even opened the light up yet. So I haven't seen the stock board...

I don’t have a picture of mine, but Here is a picture of a Thorfire C8s driver. Same driver used in my VG10. The R056 is the resistor. I stacked 2 R100’s on top to halve the resistance. ImA4Wheelr is right though, you could just bridge that resistor with solder. I don’t know enough about the circuit, so I’ll defer to him, as to if resistance is needed.

Just a bit of solder on the RO56?

Not a problem. I will be leaving it a single cell.

Thanks

Bridging R056 with single 18650 cell then how much current does it pump to the led?

^

That will depend on a lot of stuff. Most likely current will only increase moderately. Probably will get high 3's. If the Modes get compressed (i.e. the lower modes flow as much current as High Mode), then resistance will need to be added back to get the mode spacing back. Most likely will not be problem with one cell and an XM-L2.

Bringing this back up. I had one of these coming from Banggood, but was officially lost in transient. I just checked Amazon, and they have the vg10 + battery and charger on sale for 40% off $13.79 with coupon code. Also vg10 only for 50% off $7.99, though this does not appear to be Prime, and an extended delivery time. These are 1 use coupons, so I was not eligible for the flashlight only. (I had already purchased one, while waiting on China).

Edit: VG10

$7.99! Nice price, and even ships to Australia this time :sunglasses: Shame about the $4.00 postage fee though.

Thank guys for letting us know. Just snapped up another amazing Thorfire light!
Code SQYPGBB4 worked for me.

I just tried and it didn't work...

Have you used the same coupon code in the past?

Not sure which you tried, but the link is to the Light, charger combo. Code: 9F3PMESJ

You have to click on the light only to use code: SQYPGBB4

Neither of them worked. May have stopped it by now...

The code still works for me.

Finally ordered one!!

No prime shipping, but for 7.99 this is a steal

Just worked for me - thanks! :cool: :beer:

Gift cards & promotional codes
Apply

The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.