Thrunite group buy on Archer 1a

Thanks ezarc, good news

(but kreisler, sorry for your family, you have to protect them J) )

I just noticed this and the BLF edition saber…had to buy 2 sabers as I have been looking to add a couple new moonlight modes to the collection :

On the site the modes are specified as .2, 24, 80, 175, and strobe. Is there mode memory where I will have to cycle through strobe each time, is strobe hidden, or is there no memory and starts in firefly each time, or what? It doesn’t say how it works. If it has no memory or hidden strobe i will definitely be purchasing at least one. looks like a great light! ( hopefully not…as I have already purchased probably 10 new lights this week alone :~ )

There is mode memory

http://www.thrunite.com/en/ProductsView.aspx?id=138

ok thank you! just went back and saw that. already pulled the trigger on one :~ need to disconnect my internet or something this is getting expensive!

Crap. Ordered one. I really have to stop... how do you stop yourself from ordering more lights? Promised myself no more lights this month. Two more light purchases later, here I am.

Got one. Thanks, Thrunite.
Jerry

The term “flashaholic” is no joke. Seriously. Years ago I told a buddy who’s into gadgets NOT to start collecting flashlights (or else) and he laughed at me. Well, two years later he buys more lights than I do and can’t stop!

I keep trying to rationalize my light buying, but yeah, I kind of can't rationalize away the need for flashlights that add up to thousands, and thousands or lumens, and enough batteries to power them all. My flashlight addiction in on track to outpace my laser addiction this year

Received the light today.

Haven't turned it on yet... at work no 14500 handy... but even without turning it on, I see one major problem.

There is no O-ring in the reflector assembly!

Not between the bezel and lens, or the lens and reflector. It would probably survive a quick dunking just fine, but it is absolutely NOT waterprooof. It's not even water resistant.

The only reason I took off the bezel, was it was slightly loose.

In for far as the rest of it goes, threads are good, and greased, on both the bottom and top of the battery tube. There are some minor blemishes with knurling, but nothing serious.

I'll post again after actually turning it on... but as of now I'm definitely NOT a happy camper - a new light shouldn't be missing o-rings.

i received my archer today as well. i am just switching to aa size, so i don’t have my 14500s yet (they’re on the way), but it seems decent with an eneloop. the oring snapped on me the first time i opened up the flashlight, which i half-way expected after reading reviews. the output isn’t bad…throws nice for a light of it’s size. the first thing i noticed was the walls of the light are thick! i haven’t ever seen such a small light with walls this thick. some people complain about size but i think it’s perfect - much larger than a saber 1a for example, but quite a bit smaller than most 18650 lights.

overall i think it is a nice light. they need some work on their o-rings and design, but the build isn’t too bad. my only complaint is the ui - i have to switch through a strobe mode every time to get back to moonlight/low. i don’t think they should have included a strobe(unless hidden), but with strobe they should have at least had it come on in low each time. this is the only thing that will keep me from EDC’ing this light. it has bumped it’s way up to my car flashlight though which is good! the runtimes on this light are nice as well (esp moonlight/firefly mode)

Oh dear. In my book a light has to be really crappy to be destined for car use. Your mileage obviously varies. :slight_smile:

my Archer: no o-ring between bezel and lens, o-ring around reflector and touching lens, no AR-coating, it should have one:

There is no AR coating on the lens, or O-ring anywhere near the reflector, below or above the lens.

This light has potential, but it is certainly not as advertised. I'm opening a dispute.

lol I was being sarcastic it really is a nice light though. I have just been buying too many lights lately and have too many to play with. I like it a lot but I don’t think I would edc it due to the modes. it will be a great backup light though with an eneloop or lithium in it, plus the long runtime and strobe could come in handy if I ever have car problems or anything. the moonlight will be nice to let people use at night while I’m driving.

not that it’s a crappy light…it’s a nice light but I have plenty of other edc lights and play lights and I feel like it will be perfect for car / backup

Bad quality on Saber, and now on Archer…

Group buy, and now a group dispute ? :~

My Archers are both perfect apart from the group buy one the o-ring on the tail cap end was twisted. I took it off, put some lube on it and its fine now.

I got my BLF Saber today and its fine as well.

My Archer is good too (I’m feeling lucky :wink: ) but there is a lot of complaints with these group buy, no ?

ezarc, do your Archers indeed have AR coated lenses (unlike ours)? And is the ss bezel directly screwed onto the glass like ours?

I’m almost sure mine doesn’t have coated lens :frowning:
(I will verify this evening)

They both appear to have a AR lenses, no o-ring between the bezel and glass though.