TK45 clone with XML's

Arghh, I just posted this but it did not go through, so here it is AGAIN...

I just spotted this TK45 clone at AliExpress (also available here). Appears to have a very similar unique design with three separate heads for each emitter, except this model has XMLs, and can run either 2x18650 or 2x26650 cells. Looking at the pics below, the designs are very close, particularly the heads with similar square cut crenulations and grooving.

Claimed output is likely over rated given that XML's are in the 900 lumen range, so 3 x 900 = 2700 at best. Also unknown is the drive current, so it could potentially be under driven resulting in lackluster performance. It seems substantial in mass at 473g, which is heavier than the TK45 (324g). So theoretically, if the heatsinking was adequate, it could be driven pretty hard.

It also has a tailcap switch instead of side switch, but in the pic below, it sort of looks like there is a side switch, I really can't tell. It may just be loop to attach a lanyard, but it's in a really weird location.

EDIT: Thanks to Darkside's link, the light is also available here. Additional pics confirm the lanyard attachment is in the neck. Sorry folks, no side switch on this one.

TK45 review by selfbuilt at CPF here

New 4500 Lm 3x CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight Torch Lamp 30W 2x 18650 /2x 26650 Battery

Brand: UniqueFire

Bulb: CREE XM-L 3xT6

Reflector:Mirror reflector

Mode: 5(High/Mid/Low/Strobe/SOS)

Lumen: High mode:4500lumens/ Middle mode:3800Lumens/ Low mode:1200Lumens (integrating sphere measured lumens)

Color temperature:High mode:7140K/Middle mode:7100K/Low mode:7760K

Battery: 2x18650 or 2x26650(not included)

Voltage: 7.4V-8.4V

Crust Material: Aluminium alloy

Color: Black

Switch: Press tail-cap button on/off

Waterproof: Ordinary waterproof

Accessories:1x Package,1x lanyard

Size(mm): 252(Length)x24.28(Head Diameter)x35.54(Body Diameter)

NetWeight(g): 473 (set)

Uniquefire 3 x XML

TK45 3 x XPG

Link?

Just update. Still in the process of posting. Doing it in stages since I lost the first one.

nice find……

Im right behind you Scaru

Sorry you lost it. Was it a BLF error or a local connection problem?

Pretty cool , it comes with 2 set of battery tubes.

Here its listed spec is a bit more believable

Anyone make take the plunge on this one? $59.00 is to bad…

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/uniquefire-3xt6-5mode-1790lm-2x18650-flashlight-4323-p-2186.html

Not sure. I was cutting and pasting the pics. It seems it would only accept one of the pics. When I added more, they did not appear. The pic from CPF posted fine, so it may be an issue of doing screen caps and pasting into the message body. No worries, the link is there for those interested in viewing more details.

Thanks DS! I was scouring around to find it elsewhere. Those output specs are certainly in the more reasonable range. I'm guessing it's driven around 2amps per emitter then? I would really like to mod it to get the max output. I'm a lumen junky after all! The other change I would like is to swap the emitters for neutral or warm tints.

Better deal is the seller’s Sipik (clone?) putting out 1600 lumens from a single XML :wink:

I doubt you will see even 2000 lumens.

100/50/25% modes. WTF. Decent price though.

Nice clone but it lacks the mode switch near the head,meh.

Too good to be true! Should be able to find it on the street soon.

Rapid response to Ridley Scott’s Prometheus.

I hypothesized that more people will get the light or something similar after seeing the light in the movie.

True dat, a flashlight that lasts hundreds of years, must be worth having :wink:

That spammer ruined the layout..

Fixed now, thanks!

Tmart has the TsngsPower version for $48.03

$48 from Tmart is a good deal. Has anyone purchased one yet? I’d like to see a review on this torch… and maybe comparison with the actual TK45.

Thanks for the heads up on this pricing. It's getting closer to the sweet spot. I may have to pull the trigger soon...