TK's Emisar D4 review

There’s a metal retaining ring that fits over the button to keep it in place. I don’t know if the ring is press-fit or if it has threads. Someone who has disassembled it would know.

Given that there are no notches for an unscrewing tool, my guess would be press-fit.

It is press fit.

ok - better than the manker: they just stuck the button flange behind a smaller hole and hoped it would not come out

prob wasn;t waterproof either

or maybe they used some glue (that failed for me)

wle

Do you have his Facebook link page?
No response after 6 emails.
My order still not received (order from 4 Nov…)
Very poor after sale service… I hope GT shipment will be done or I will open PayPal dispute

You can find him on the Flashlight Fanatics page on Facebook. Just search for Neal Zhang. However, I’d recommend opening a PayPal dispute instead, in the event that you do need to escalate (and the dispute begins as an innocuous buyer-seller interaction anyway). November 4th is more than 2 months ago… quite ridiculous, in my opinion!

OK thanks you
I’ll go with PayPal

I will give it till Mid January then I’ll contact Neal on Facebook. All in all with the GT being such a big hit :stuck_out_tongue: and getting married I’m sure he is still up to his ears with orders. I’m sure its on its way to me by now. :+1:

Ordered the D4 on dec30. It shipped out jan7. Thats only about a week.

I hope there isn’t any unfortunate personal backstory behind that thought. Usually a partner is a source of joy and support, not a chore to deal with. Imagining the latter kinda makes me want to go back to bed and try to forget.

Oh well, I thought it was funny. But, point taken.

It was. I think someone missed the joke entirely or is in a very bad mood.

Ordered my Cyan Nichia with 18350 body and clip from Hank on 12/20/17 and it arrived today.

I figure it took 20 days from ordering to delivery.

Everything appears to be fine.

Chris

Joke not missed, just intentionally misinterpreted to make a point in a relatively mild manner.

The reception really depends on the audience. In a stereotypical scenario, hearing a joke like this, many of the guys will laugh and move on, perhaps even forgetting it a moment later. Many of the wives in attendance laugh too, but politely because they’ve heard a lifetime of jokes at their expense and don’t find it funny, and then they’ll “forget” to invite the joke-teller to any future events. A casual observer likely wouldn’t even notice a difference.

Jokes are good. Jokes help make BLF a wonderful place. There’s nothing wrong with that, and I appreciate people adding humor, especially when threads are getting negative. Jokes tend to be a bit risky though, if they touch on controversial topics, and can backfire. Often silently, since those in the out-group tend to avoid rather than speak up, so the only feedback is positive and it keeps happening. I don’t think any harm is intended, but I also don’t want this type of cycle to continue, so I try to put some friction in the process to help it stop without any dramatic collisions.

If I wrote the first thing which came to mind though, or if I wrote what my partner said about the joke, it would, um, violate at least half of the forum’s rules.

:weary:

TK I salute you.

marriage ……

doubles your joys
halves your sorrows
quadruples your expenses :wink:

ToyKeeper, I fully understand where you are coming from here. The guys at my old workplace made jokes like this constantly, and it got really annoying. They’d talk about their girlfriends/wives like they were some sort of burden that they were forced to tolerate. I couldn’t imagine talking about my GF that way. Like, your S/O is supposed to make your life better; if they don’t, then what on earth are you doing?

I always thought that kind of stuff was awful, and I wasn’t even on the receiving end of it.

It works both ways ,
if you have s sense of humer you’ll get over it.

Lol

wle, I understand that there is some correlation between lumens and candelas.

However, by eye measurement, approx what proportion of brightness should the Eye of Sekhmet flashlight have versus the Emisar D4??

Please give me an approximation of % difference!