TK's Emisar D4 review

Agreed, also the copper head adds more cost. Also the polishing and anodizing as well. The price isn’t all that bad for what you get, some of the big brands cost much more and you don’t get near the output and aluminum construction.

You flatter them if you assume that they actually specified the threads, rather than some guy on a lathe eyeballing the settings to be chabuduo.

It’s always the fault of someone upstream in the supply chain who made that particular part for the product.

Same applies to defining the color of the coating. Pantone? What’s that?

Received my D4Ti yesterday, ordered December 27th. Never got a tracking number but that doesn’t bother me. Fit & finish is beautiful for what it is… pocket jewelry.

Color temp is cooler than I was expecting for Nichia 219CT 5000K, appears closer to the Astrolux S41 219B than the output of my Manker E14 II 219C.

Received my Cyan Emisar D4 today from Neal… Except it’s green! He sent the wrong colour. I’m quite disappointed, especially because the 18350 tube he sent in the same box is the correct colour, cyan.

I wouldn’t have minded too much if he had sent a green 18350 tube as well…

I don’t think this is worth opening a dispute about, but it’s also not the first time I’ve heard of someone getting the wrong light in some form from Neal.

I got a nice keepower 18350 900mah in the post today from banggood. Doesn’t fit.

Doesn’t fit in any of my lights. It’s both too long and too fat. Not very useful

Are you using a protected cell? I am running the Keeppower IMR18350 1200mAhh in mine without issue.

I think it IS worth disputing. He is offering a service, you are paying for it, and he is misdelivering in many ways people here on BLF have reported.

That’s true. I even confirmed the exact details of my order with him on more than one occasion to ensure that there would be no mistakes. If I open a dispute, though, I don’t think it’d be appropriate to ask for a full refund. I’d also prefer not to have to send the light back and wait another 5 weeks for a replacement… so I’m not sure how I’ll proceed. At the very least, I’ll bring it to his attention, though.

After 42 days of waiting my D4 finally arrived and what a HUGE disappointment!!! Not sure why everyone likes this light. The anodizing is poorly done and it scratches very easy. The aluminum is soft and the light has no practical use at all. It heats up within seconds and starts to kick down every few seconds. I played around with the thermo settings and used different cells, HG2 30Q, VTC6 and 5 with the same results even at mid lumen conditions. This light, IN MY OPINION, is a novelty item at best. Worse then the DN35 and 70 lights from Imalent I bought. So glade I only bought one!

Shoot, hope mine comes in the correct configuration. Sorry to hear about the issues above .

I’ll take this lemon off your hands for $10 :wink:

10 dollars! tempting! I think it would be more fun to shoot it out of a cannon, the small hobby ones :smiley: Cost me less then shooting the cannon :laughing:

I’ve been hearing a lot a problems and after my experience with my D4 I wont be purchasing anything else from Neal!

Is the ramping ‘blink’ at 100% 7135 intentional or simply an artifact of the driver design?

Intentional

Now that Neal sells flashlights same price as Intl-Outdoor , you can order from Intl-Outdoor for better (accurate order etc) & faster service .

Maybe a dumb question but what is the purpose? As a user why would I want to know when light is at 100% 7135 ?

Because of this :wink:

At the point of the blink the D4 will consume about 350 mA.

I can understand why a UI designer or manufacturer would want to know this during the tweaking phase. Or maybe even a reviewer.

But I still don’t really understand why the user would need to know something so oddly specific.

In my opinion it gives the impression of a defective light, or a loose connection. It’s like a sports car whose engine briefly splutters to tell you when it is going 20mph.