TK's Emisar D4 review

Unfortunately all those 4 images are overexposed (the highlights are clipping) so they are useless when it comes to brightness, you cannot make any consideration about how much the difference in brightness is

Only in the near field on the flat ground. The top half of the images gives a good idea how they appear in real life.

As mentioned the difference is definitely noticeable if you have both in hand to compare.
Love the 5D tint in XP-L HI as well (appears a bit more neutral than the other 5D tints IMO). :beer:

well…i feel your pressure on me here… : :money_mouth_face: :smiley: …so i will buy the xpl version,if you want.ok.if is it really noticeable,i want the brighter:))thanks a lot.if this one would be usb recheargable…sadly its not)

you could do what I did in the last page, post 4293 and 4294

@ToyKeeper

what is the meaning of the “blink” while ramping up and ramping down in the D4? it blinks around twice across the brightness range. i notice once at max brightness. but what is the other blink for? at what lumens?

thanks

Blinks at the 7135 max level. Same level as loosing and tightening tail cap then turning on.

ive been reading about 7135 but still dont know what it is. haha. so its like the default brightness. does it have a lumen value?

sorry for the noob question.

The review is a bit long, but that’s all answered in posts #1 and #2.

Sorry for the short non-answer… I’m a bit groggy. It took me like three days to get out of bed this morning.

ah yes. i got it already. ive read about it when i read your review for the first time but didnt got any clue what it meant… so its around 145 lumens for the xpl hi… thanks a lot

any reply, short or long, is very much appreciated… thanks

Slightly off topic I guess but I’ve just bought my first D4 finally and I did as a few here suggested and got the nichia version plus the noctigon 4XP XP-L HI board.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what to do with the leftover LED board? Is there a host or driver you could suggest for it? Cheers!

Pulled the trigger and bought the D4Ti Raw XP-L HI 5000k :slight_smile:

Is the shipping from Intl-outdoor just as fast/slow as other Chinese shops?

you could always ask for express shipping as i have… costs additional 6usd

I would love to get a D4, but cannot afford one right now.

My D4 took 3 weeks to ship from intl-outdoors to East-Europe, Estonia.

All that caffeine will catch up to you sooner or later

You can enter this post in the giveaway

And then, one Sunday, over two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, one girl sitting on her own on a small moon in Earth orbit tried to make light of those ancient events, hoping the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, no one seemed to notice the joke, and the idea was lost forever.

This is not her story.

But it is the story of a place where people go to make light.

You’re in luck, because you have won the giveaway. You can choose from the following prizes:

• A review of the D4 (click “first” at the top of this page)
  • Free-as-in-speech source code (click the Link in my signature)
  • Comraderie with like-minded souls (click anywhere on this site)