TK's Emisar D4 review

It took me 20 days to get my D4 cyan 219CT, which is about the same time as a few FastTech and GearBest orders, so figure on 3 weeks. I can’t speak for your postal system in Holland, but that’s my experience getting this stuff to Miami.

I just ordered a D1S 3A from Hank, so we’ll see.

Chris

same question :slight_smile: any suggestion?

I like the HHGTTG quote. Must dust that off for another read sometime.

The penny took rather more than three days to drop for me…

I’m now reminded of the time when I was working in Germany and told someone that “Ich bin heute sehr früh auferstanden”, which means that “I was resurrected very early today”, so they naturally fell about laughing. I’m not good with mornings, but I’m not that bad.

I had actually intended to tell them that I got up very early that day, which would have been “Ich bin heute sehr früh aufgestanden”. Amazing the difference that one syllable can make :slight_smile:

I ordered a 219C today. Pretty excited.

You will be happy
I just ignited my blue 219C 18350 and it is glorious.
Enjoy the brilliance.
Show your friends.

Thanks. This will also be my first 18350. Ordered the vapcell.

Do any of y’all know how quickly they restock these? I really want to get a green one, but Hank and Richard are both out currently.

Mtnelectronics stock d4 regularly… i will guess about 10 days… just put your email address to be notified wheh they got in stock…

I’m curious if anyone knows which emitters have been most popular?

Most Popular----> 219C, XP-L HI 3A, XP-G2 5D, XP-L HI 5D, XP-G2 3D, XP-L HI 1A, XP-G2 2B <----Least Popular

Where is XP-G2 S4 3D goes to??? One of my favorite tint!

Same thing here! :wink:

EDIT - after getting the D4 with XP-G2 S4 3D , I even ordered a triple MCPCB with the same leds for a mod and love that tint :wink:

Cool. Thanks.

I see people with multiple D4s, so they’re trying out various LEDs. I didn’t own any Nichia lights, so I went with the 219CTs, despite them being banged on hard on ‘turbo’, but I figure that’s for limited seconds and it was $18 cheaper.

For $47.40 shipped from Hank, with a clip and cyan 18350 body, plus a 20 day wait, it was a no brainer.

I’ve got a D1s with 3A coming any week now and that was only $40 shipped.

Chris

Oh yeah, forgot about the XP-G2 3D. It's also pretty popular (list updated).

I was deciding between the Nichia and something with a golden glow like the 5D. I don’t have either yet.

Now that I have some high drain flat top 18650’s it’s [unfortunately] easier to buy more lights. Until now I’ve been factoring the cost of batteries into my next light purchase. I took care of that when I ordered the D4.

Deleted. Duplicate post.

The XP-L Hi version runs hot in seconds, that’s why I refrained from buying a Nichia version. It makes the light even less useful.

my nichia also goes step down for few seconds (sony vtc)
unhappy with D4 but my other two D1 and D1s are great