Tmart Group Buy - Closed

See this thread for an explanation of the unfocused beam.

Yep, that spacer might be not the best. In addition my beam pattern is not totally centered. I suspect the glue under the LED makes it sit uneven.

LED won’t stay there anyway. I usually tap for 2mm threads to secure the LED with small laptop screws on larger pills. That works best and I’m already quite used to it.

Well, the options are grinding down the pill to use a larger MCPCB and/or grinding down the reflector base to make it more narrow. I think I’ll start with the latter to see how much meat the reflector has.

My TangsFire TS-2010 arrived today and except for the improperly focused LED, I’m happy with what I got.

It has good anodizing, it has good threads (though un-lubed), it came with a nice white PVC 18650-to-26650 sleeve, it came with an XM-L and uses an EAST 092 driver which draws 3270 mAh at the tailcap. :slight_smile:

I’ll be doing the mods discussed above to have it properly focused and am contemplating on using an XP-G2 as emitter. :wink:

Hey, we got the same one. Though I’ve already burnt my driver with my poor modding skills and now it’s a converted one mode direct drive. Drawing 5.2A with XML2 on copper, but wow this thing can take the heat.

I am impressed. Built like a tank is the proper description. Very happy with this purchase. Thanks again to all involved. :slight_smile:

I’ll be very careful not to burn mine. :bigsmile:

Receive my TangsFire TS-2010 today too and even though it is only XML T6, I like it because it can throw farther than my Tangsfire C8 XM-L2.

Still waiting on my original HD2010, should be here by the end of the week. Hopefully.

I am still waiting for one from the Groupbuy…

maybe I should have squeaked also - the replacement could be here faster :smiley:

Latest Squeak gets positive reply:

You 04/23/2014 - 21:14

I know you say no worry, but we hear NOTHING.. no tracking, no PM, no post….

WE WORRY.

louis huang 04/24/2014 - 01:27

i have already made new order for you. if the tracking number is updated, i will let you know soon.

another day gone in Austria with no light arrived…

Received mine, the Tangsfire version in last week. The cardboard box was completely damaged and there is no bubble-wrap at all. The light came dirty on its body and the 18650 adapter, but this can be cleaned later.

The driver is the typical East-092. Put in an INR 20R and I measured 4.60A at tail, think I got lucky and receive the “better” one here. A 1st gen XM-L is sitting on a 16mm aluminum star, some grayish thermal paste was under the board.

For the price I am satisfied with this HD2010. To me the most important thing is having a direct-drive driver and good reflector. Mods will be done when I’m free anyway.

Got mine 2 days ago and it was the gray one with nonstandard pill and xml2. Cardboard box was destoryed with some light wear marks on the anodization. Feels like a pretty decent light. I think most, if not all, of the people who ordered the noname version got this substitute.

Squeaked louis huang on thurs and no response yet.

I did not get the light till now but louis huang asked on 24th if he could help.

I gave him order numbers and so on - but no response…

when I played around with the numbers I found that the tracking worked and saw a entry ” Export Customs Scan Beijing Austria 20140421 12:13”

does that mean my order (which I payed on 22.3.) was still In China after a MONTH?

Man - I am pissed !

I’m still waiting for my other HD2010.
This flashlight from post #160 was shipped by sweden post, others were shipped by china post, and for them I still waiting.
Actual tracking status is “2014-04-06 12:43, Package sent, BEIJING”

new week at tmart started with mailing me that a new Light will be shipped to me.

good news!

Same here. Hoping it’s the black no name as originally ordered and same version as the one OL got.

Hmm, no news here…

my tangsfire had a dirty xml, and only measured 2.3A from an xtar battery @4.11V
this can’t be really normal, is it?
looks to be a east 092-driver though
(don’t think it’s my DMM, i’ve measured higher currents in flashlights before)

I got the light today…

the Reflector is quite nice
(just minor defects at the upper edge)

when I unscrewed the tail cap I saw weak threads, terrible machining and a broken ORing

then opened the head and another broken ORing fell out…

the Pill was loose and was easily screw out with a finger

XM-L2, lots of fujik? and thin wires…

and we know the driver…

pulls 2,2A
I directly connected the Pill with battery and dmm

I am very glad that a replacement is on the way, but it’s a long time to wait for what I ordered… (FET and DD and use able quality)