Tmart sent me 501B XML flashlight, that has a crappy round emitter,obviously not XML

I’ll get some pics of the flat round crap emitter, I know what a XML looks like and this aint it.

What if by mistake they sent you a SBT-70 round emitter?

I think TMart would suddenly get a ton of orders lol

Well, I guess Chrysler is officially FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles).

My story dealt with a car from one of these makers. I had need to take off the valve cover to replace the hydraulic lifters. I discovered that some of the fasteners were a different size than others on the valves. I had to use two different socket sizes.

The thing I learned is that in a production situation, if a part is used up or otherwise not available, the show must go on. They used whatever was available, and a reasonable facsimile of what was needed. Since then, I expect that the occasional burp will happen, and am not amazed when it does. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

The bottom line is this, did they screw up? Yes! Are you mad about it? I would be too!

Noone is going to stop shopping at tmart because of what has happened to you. Why? Because it has also happened to them. Like I said, ranting and raving will get you nowhere. Do something that will get you somewhere. Like, doing what customer service asked you to do. Do you want to resolve the matter? Really its your only option for removing hurt butt. There is no other way out. That is just the cold hard fact. We all understand your pain!

Send them the pictures they want, no its not too late. Even if you cussed them out and threatened their lives. They get that a lot, don't worry, they expect that at first. Switch to a new tone with them, send them the proof they want and let them resolve the issue in there time. It's guaranteed to work. Its what their customer service department is trained to do.

Subscribed:

“You will always catch more flies with honey than vinegar”

My Grandma’s advice works well whenever dealing with customer service.

Try the nice calm friendly approach, it will get you what you want far more often than the angry rude aggressive route.

Step back and realize a few things:
-its a cheap flashlight that costs less than $10
-thousands and thousands of small individual shipments are made every day from these warehouses
-being asked to email a couple of pictures showing the mistake so it can be rectified, is a completely fair and reasonable request (and will take far less time and effort than you have spent venting here)

my $0.02, take it for what you will.
-Ford

Will PayPal even refund without picture evidence?

Standard procedure in Ebay disputes is also a picture/video upon request showing the issue.

I would love to see how that junk emitter looks like though

Tmart — shipped from the New Jersey address by any chance?

I just got a flashlight shipped from their NJ address — in a plastic film bag.
It was “packed” with bubble wrap around the middle of the thin cardboard box — but they left the ends unprotected.
It arrived with the zoom/focus feature not working, although the light did light up.
The “live chat” person first interpreted that as “it works” because it lit up. I explained patiently, careful typing, small words, simple sentences.
The “live chat” operator said they had to refer the problem to the “appropriate department”
The “department” uses a write-only email address, no replies accepted, and either never got the problem or blew it off, and sent email a couple of days later telling me I had to use the “zoom” button if I wanted to make “zoom” work, not the on-off button.
D’oh.
The email they referred me to the online chat.
So back to the beginning again.
I persisted politely with the next up online chat person and re-explained everything and offered to email pictures.
(S)he agreed to send the prepaid shipping label to return the light so they could inspect it (prepaid return label only offered to US customers, by the way)
(S)he offered — if they found it not working — to give me credit with store coupons

(you can only apply those to ten percent of each purchase, so I’d have had to spend $230 with them to use up $23 worth of coupons. Very tricky!)

I refused that, asked for a refund, got the shipping label in email, packed the light in the original shipping material inside a solid well padded cardboard box, with a note pointing to the damage that had occurred due to their lousy packing, and kept pictures of all that (and a copy of the chat text).

I got my refund promptly.

Persist, politely. They come through.
Oh, and no, of course their claim that a quality control person inspects everything is nonsense.
They couldn’t afford to do that. The customer is their quality control system. No surprise there.

I doubt I will buy from Tmart again myself, but I know of others who bought the same (3xD cell) light and got one that works.

Because it is round?

Because that emitter costs $50 by itself and is hard to find.

I guess you didn't sense my .....

DX sent me Ultrafire SH-3AA XM-L flashlight, that has a crappy emitter, obviously not XML…

… obviously is XM-L2. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m no Obi-Wan…

Might I suggest having some fun and learning something by modding the light? Lemonade out of lemons, you know.

Transcend this unnatural concern, for we are losing the battle for our tomorrows.

I think the original poster either got a:

XRE

or

Chinese PooPoo

I was going to say XRE also. Good call.

Swap the emitter, or find a few P60’s to play with and walk on through.

Someone got a SK68 clone with the PooPoo emitter not long ago.
And I got a supposedly “zoom bicycle light 3xAAA” with the same PooPoo emitter a few months ago.

Earlier today a friend was bragging about his 501b from TMart (or maybe Fasttech) I went to the store he mentioned earlier this evening and was meaning to purchase the same light, for $12. My gosh they had a bunch of combinations! All sorts of emitters in this 501b.

So yeah, I’m not the least bit surprised that they get mixed up from time to time. To an average warehouse worker they all look the same. To a great many noob flashaholics they all look the same.

No, I didn’t order one.

Curiously enough, it was a faulty HD2010 that got me started modding in the first place. I got it working only to have something else happen, fixed that and then something else. And that’s how I learned to mod a light, still have that one and it’s doing pretty well now. Super cheaply made and it’ll never be 100% probably but hey, it was cheap right? :slight_smile:

I’ve worked in a big warehouse before, pulling production, 130 pcs per hour 10 hours a day or your job is on the line. They don’t care if you’re feeling bad, not sleeping well, whatever. If the stock person puts a skid full of the wrong product in the hole, the skid is usually emptied before anyone catches it. Hundreds of wrong product go out. You identify the sku number and grab it and go, who’s got time to open boxes and do a review? Stuff happens.

Send em a photo of your wrong emitter and stand in line. What did you pay for it? $12? $8? Like, what, a car wash? Stick an XP-L on Noctigon in it with an FET driver and enjoy it.