Tmart sent me 501B XML flashlight, that has a crappy round emitter,obviously not XML

I like this kind of thinking. Got me modding also. This stuff is so cheap who cares! I bought a C8 a couple months ago advertised with a XML-T6, like most of them are, and what I received was not what I bought. To this day I still do not know what emitter was in it, still have never seen one like it even looking through all the threads here at BLF. The light was 7 bucks....I grabbed a Sinkpad, threw an XM-L2 U2 in it, and a nanjg 101c 8X7135 and for a few dollars more had an outstanding thrower. Literally less than the cost of a lunch out.

Here is the Crappy LED, no dome, not square, the “emitter” looks like some kind of luminous paint, not a XML printed circuit emitter by a long shot I think.

What kind of emitter is that ?

take off the centering ring?

Yeah, I'd say that too for better identification of the LED.

The first pic shows the front of the “led”, I know it looks like the back.

yes i know that first pic is the front, and what i meant of taking the centering ring off is if u look at the led (yellow part) there is a centering ring (white plastic bit that is surrounding the led part). take that off to properly ID the led.

EDIT imo it looks like a xml-2 but its being obscured by the centering ring.

Hey, yea I I’m not going to take it apart.

I don’t really care what it is, it’s not what I ordered.

If you don't take the centering ring off, one cannot tell what it is, surely it is not one those ultra cheap LEDs that some speculated above. You just take that off then put it back, you are not ruining the light.

the centering ring is safe to take off… it might just be slightly stuck down coz of the heat from the led. just be careful not to take off the dome with it lol.

im 100% sure it is a xml-2 btw. but prove me wrong :slight_smile:

+1

He has to take off the centering ring to prove to tmart its not an xml anyway. So he should just take it off. I mean it just sits on top of the emitter, its not even connected to it.

I ordered an xml t6.

I don’t know what this is, but it is not an XML T6 led.

If it happens to be an XM-L2 you don't care because it is not what you ordered? We are only trying to help you, maybe it is an XM-L2 and it is better than XM-L T6, that's all.

Well u got lucky and they gave u a xml2 instead

You can't tell that for sure, you like me are judging it based on the lack of wires over the die (the XM-L2 does not have while XM-L has), but the entire LED has to be seen to know for sure.

But i can tell u that its big enough to be a xml emitter. It doesnt have stripes like xml but spots like the xml2. It does have a dome but its a dirty dome :wink: so im sure its xml2.

I know what you are saying, because I am saying the same thing, yet we can't hit the nail in the head unless the LED is not hidden by that very concealing centering ring.

Well he doesn't want to take it off so lets all go do something else...

We all know what it is.

I like ur idea. But im just seekin justice for tmart… Which ive never bought from before. And he said theres no dome and its flat… But there clearly is a dome in the pic he posted up… Ok thats all :smiley:

Here’s what a genuine Chinese poo poo emitter looks like in a P60 pill. This was also in a 501b, but from ebay. It’s a purple LED. Fortunately I won the auction for $1.99 and only wanted the host anyway.

I didn’t order an xml2, this emitter is NOTHING like an XML.

I have a few 501b, 502 ect. ect., this emitter is crap and is not xml T6.

Again, no dome, not square, not xml t6.