TN31 + T10 for $139.00

Mine got here OK, the tracking number was for someone in New Jersey.

T10 works, TN31 doesn’t like protected panasonic 3100s,
but will bring down zeppelins with my unprotected LG 2800 18650s.

I ordered mine 14/11
It was shipped 16/11
I got it today 19/11
I live in Sweden.
It came from China.
I’m very satisfied with that delivery time.

T-10 works fine with a really low, medium and high. It has found a home in my pocket… :slight_smile:
TN-31 works and is stronger than STL-V2 as expected. The reflector looks nice when the light is off and also using a lower mode and looking straight down, but when I use mode 2 or 3 and look down in an angle it looks like the reflector is “foggy”/dim or something like that. I have to take a closer look. Is it possible to use lens cleaning liquid and a lens cleaning cloth? Or will I just destroy it? Ideas?

Well that sucks.

So how many more of these defective ThruNites are they going to continue to send out to BLF members?

Update: Thrunite refunded my Paypal account for the return shipping cost today.

No! Do NOT touch that reflector! But you can try this method of “rinsing” the reflector: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5893#comment-111489

Tested the throw today. I think it is safe to say this gets beyond 400 yards pretty nicely 8)

How do you guys remove the reflector? The glass seems to be held in place by something besides the steel ring, can’t remove it, and can the bezel be removed to expose the led?

Found this pic but I don’t know how HKJ managed to separate the bezel from the control ring

Credit goes to HKJ for the pic taken from here:

Mine works great with my Pani NCR18650A protected 3100’s

What is the problem with yours mate?

My TN31 reflector was a pain to remove, the gasket under the glass lens was stuck to the glass, and it was also sealed quite tightly against the head. I had to resort to very thin tweezers and flathead screwdrivers to pry it up. It was a very risky process which could’ve damaged the glass and the gasket, but I was lucky.

I haven’t been able to separate the head from the magnetic-control ring portion.

Are the heatsinking properly done on TN31? I was thinking to open it to have a look, but scare of scratching it.
I ask this because my TN30 get warm much faster than TN31. Of course they are two different lights when TN30 is 30W lights.

Hey Pretzy.

Using freshly charged Blazar brand protected 18650s, which are my longest pana 3100s, the TN31 would not light. Took the battery carrier out and tested voltage (12.43).

Changed to some unprotected cells which worked, similar voltage.
Tried the protected again, tight fit, but should not be too long as the carrier restrains them, and no torchlight, just a flash when tightening.

Retested with other cells and it works.
Retested with the Blazar protected 18650s and now it works !?

I really didn’t want to run this with unprotected or unmatched cells, so that’s a relief.
But I won’t be comfortable until I work it out. I’ll give the carrier a good jiggle and also try some AWs once I dig up a matched set.
The thread on mine is a bit dry, I’m yet to clean and lube it. Maybe that’s it.

Anyway awesome light, been out zeppelin hunting.

Well my TN31 arrived on the 6th november and straight off I was not happy with its out put, then the tailswitch failed and it would not turn off. I contacted thrunite on the 8th via email and explained the problem. They replied I should check the battery contacts so I told them again the switch had failed and the said I should return it to them. When I asked about who would pay for return shipping from the uk they said they would send me a new tailswitch assembly. I pointed out that the output was poor before the switch failed and they asked if I could take photos or video which i could not because of the switch. I suggested they send me the switch assembly and if this did not solve the problem I would contact them again. There was no response and they have not answered my emails since last week.

I checked the website for more contact info and found that the email address seems to have changed.

It was service@thrunite.com and is now service@thrunite-store.com

I am going to send a copy of all correspondance to this address and ask again for the tail switch.
If I dont got a response suppose ill have to go through paypal dispute.

My intl-outdoor (panasonic) 3400mah protected works fine. I have also tried soshine 2800mah protected and some old ultrafire’s protected and all work.
I don’t have any unprotected to test it with.

No, I won’t (probably) touch it! (keeping my hands on my back)
It’s not that bad. It’s really really hard to see any flaws.

Saabluster’s mods to it are on his site. onestopthrowshop

One pattern that makes me always pause, is that when a very popular but expensive light drops the price by a huge margin, it typically means they are clearing the shelves to make room for its successor. IE: If you could buy the newer higher performance model for $300, would you look at the older lower performance model for $300?

Also, they call the TN31 the king of throw, but the Olight SR95UT for example blows it away.

HUGE difference in cost of course, but, for a KING, well, there’s no price tag on royalty.

:smiley:

I am also wondering if ThruNite have something better up their sleeve and are waiting to clear up their inventory, hopefully if they do, it will be way better than the current TN31, then I would have no regrets in upgrading

Has anyone heard something about a ThruNite TN35? would this be the next light? Some searches in baidu point out to something new brewing, but do not understand chinese and not much info to translate.

I think it’s much more to do with the way they now do business - by cutting out their dealers, and selling directly (via eBay, their own shop and Amazon), they can afford to cut prices.

Not sure they have anything amazing in the pipeline - their “brightest 18650 light in the world” thread on the other side fizzled out & died a death.

Finally after more than 2 weeks and several non-answered forumposts and emails there was someone answering in the chat of the thrunite-store!
They offered me 9 USD or a new T10.
I think I dont have to say that I choosed the new light. Now they wanted me to upload a video of the non working T10…
I did that, but I wonder what they want to see… I mean the light just does not work =D

Lets see what happens next.