-

Hmm that’s a good way but I would like to be able to revert back to the standard lens-which-i-hate.

Found one http://www.fasttech.com/products/1220101

you could try some diffusion film, works great!

You can also use this technique from O-L on the lens itself instead of the reflector. If you want to change it simply clean the lens.

Hi.
Got my L4 from Banggod. I can say its one beautiful light.
I have problem and maybe you guys can help me. I did some tailcap measurements and I am getting only 1.38-1.40A reading on high. I might be doing something wrong. I used an Efest IMR and a Sony VTC4. Any inputs?

TIA

Stock crappy mulitmeter leads?

To get proper current readings, you need heavy gauge short leads
say like 18-20ga and under a foot long

OK. Will get the proper leads and do some tests again. Thanks

Great review. I was considering the M1 but this looks like a good option for extra throw and momentary on :slight_smile:

Curious what the run times might look like with the different output levels? Particularly with
NCR-18650B 3400mAh based batteries.

I have CW version. It runs 1h 50m on high before low voltage warning on NCR18650B.

Thanks. I actually just purchased a Thrunite TN12 (2014) EDC light. Amazon only had one left so I couldn’t resist.

This L4 looks to be a good companion to it for those times I want more throw. In fact it will probably be replacing my old 4D Led Maglite. Darn thing eats batteries like crazy anyways :confused: I can see myself mostly using it on a high or medium settings.

So far the only things I wish this had was the ability to run CR123s or Primaries as an option.
*edit there’s a thread about it on Fastech
Then maybe a higher medium say 50–60 or more brightness levels available.
But maybe a different driver with custom firmware can help.

I just put some laptop pulls (New old stock) into this light. They’re Samsung ICR 4.3, currently sitting at 4.15v but i’m only getting a tailcap measurement of 1.1a. What’s the reason for that? Normal? Bad battery? I note the OP has close to 3a measurement on high.

For some reason I get incorrect readings on L4 as well, about 1.7-1.8A. With same DMM and leads I was getting 2.1A from 6*7135 Convoy S2.

Anyone purchase an AR coated lens for the L4? I think I may go for this and am looking for one that fits. Not sure what size I need though.

Would something like this work? 42mm x 1.5mm thick
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1606/10001022/1203405-ar-coated-optical-glass-lens

btw was thinking of ordering the l4 from fasttech anyways unless I can find a U.S based supplier that has it in stock.

Anyone to offer an opinion on the low 1.1a high reading for the L4? Most likely cause?

Need more info. You tried just 1 battery and it's a laptop pull not fully charged? First use a fully charged known good cell - also can you test in another light? You know your DMM setup is good for measuring 2-4 amps?

Have tried 4 laptop pull batteries. They are new old stock. Charged to 4.17-4.19 measured.
These same batteries have given 2.8a in a 3s and 5+ in 2s 3T6.
The same multimeter was used for both tests.

It will work, the L4 use the same glass size as the C8.

Bump for assistance. Only measuring 1.1a~.

Check your MM leads.

Make decent ones with big contact pads to minimise contact resistance.

The light is in high right?

Convoy isn't perfect. If you're sure it's a bad light, contact whoever you got it from.

Thanks. That’s what i figured I just wasn’t 100% positive on it.

Now all that’s left to decide is when is the best time to purchase one :smiley:

So I’m a little annoyed realising that my L4 is not being driven anywhere near what it’s meant to go at. Warranty with BG will probably be unfeasible. Would you guys recommend:
-put in new stock driver LD34
-put in some other driver
-other mod?

Cheers