TPAD 32mmm Triple

Don’t need to drill through just use the vias and jumpers for parallel or series.

How do you mean use the vias? Are the vias holes? Or should we solder the + & - wires at the back of the tpad because the tpad have the pads there instead…… :~

you stick the wires from behind through the tpad (insulation sits flush) and the wire looks just a bit to nothing over the surface
then fill the hole with solder from the front

(whould be great for reflector based lights also for maximum clearance)

Ahh now i get it, that sound like an improvement over using fat wires drawn all around the optic legs and leds like on the Noctigon 32mm triple.
At least if the vias are big enough to fit 18-16awg wires, but even if not you could just cut off the tiny bit of wire that didn’t fit and you would only lose a part of the wire and only 2mm at that.

We need to get some of these XQ-E HI 's to DJozz for torture testing.

+1 :slight_smile:

The spacing on those vias is 1/10” so you can solder in a 2-pin header and use a plug from the backside. I think that’s better for series LEDs that use 1/3 the current.

Good question, if we made quads, should we do 24mm to suit Carclo 106xx series optics or 32mm to Ledil Cute 4?

Cheers

Mark

holes will suit 20AWG, 18 at a pinch with some trim

Yes hole pitch designed to suit .1'' (2.54mm) headers

Cheers

Mark

Why did I know you were going to say that

Thanks for considering it :slight_smile: even that is very good news.

I am mostly interested in the 32mm for the CUTE-4, because with XP-L’s those who have tested those limited run i think russian made 24mm DTP quads with the carlco optics, have showed about the same lumens as the 32mm CUTE-3 triple. But the CUTE-4 quad should be an improvement.

But still for other led’s the 24mm DTP quad would be interesting, so i agree why not both there is already demand for it and a market for both, i am pretty sure i could have a use for both :slight_smile:

Can you do a Luxeon Rebel triple? Cajampa and I have been kicking around the need for a 20mm parallel triple Rebel for a while.

yes we have a 20mm triple with Rebel/Cree

would just need to make a TPAD version of it

> use the vias and jumpers for parallel …

Can you show a picture of how that wiring and jumper setup for parallel looks?
That’s doable with the 20mm Rebel triple currently available?

The current PCB is 2 resistors that create a series config, you would need to wire external for parallel

The top board is current, the lower one is a new 20mm TPAD, but we have yet to order any yet, but we would need to mod to again take Rebels
Cheers
Mark

Thanks, I doubt there’s a market for making parallel rebel boards or someone would have done it.
KD has premade parallel boards with Nichias and a variety of different XPL-HIs as well, but not for Rebels

I’m going to try the twisted-teflon-wire method shown in A Day of Fails and Other Fun with Osram Oslon SSL 4000K 92CRI Emitters. Day Two: Fail becomes a Win. New emitters and a new tint for wiring

These aren’t copper!
If you want to use them for 3amps in total they might be ok , but use only noctigon/tpad copper boards if you have the ability to buy .

There is no problem in fact that they are non-copper.
Even it is not big problem that they are non-DTP.
The biggest problem is that they (as 99% other chinese boards) have very bad design with small width and thickness copper layer and whole copper area.