TrustFire X7 - Review & Mod thread - SST-50, MT-G2, XHP-35 HI = FANTASTIC RESULTS!

Ive just got to say… that after reading all the MTG2 flashlight threads, I think this combo still blows away any other MTG2 light for the price. Its a simple mod that provides fantastic results. If you shop around, you could probably build one for around $60-70. If you can solder 2 wires and sand a copper disk, you can easily do this mod yourself. If you need help or advice, just ask! :bigsmile:

X7 mod with MT-G2 Beam shot. Note that the camera settings were manipulated to prevent overexposure. It was actually FAR brighter to the human eyes.

Thanks for this excellent review, have bought one from a well known auction site to play around with, some of the ones listed claim to be xm-l2 but looking at images they are still xm-l t6, im new to the forum but electrically capable and looking forward to playing around with it! Work calls for being able to occasionally patrol the perimeter of a factory building, or look into the midst of a wet misty machine, hoping this will achieve both. Thanks again, Corin

For the price, the X7 is probably one of the most overlooked great budget lights of its type. If yours doesn’t come equipped with an XM-L2, it will be very easy to swap one in (2 solder connections). I would recommend an XM-L2 emitter mounted on a copper board of direct thermal pad design. If you carry a light continuously in your hands for any amount of time, you’ll find the long slender tubes much more ergonomic to hold than the short fat tube designs stuffed full of cells (2,3 or 4 x 18650 in a short fat tube). Let us know how you like your X7 once you have some time to play with it.

Yes it was the price, the 2/3 cell option and the modifiabilty that attracted me, hence not going for the similar looking 2 cell ultrafire. Also the seemingly higher current driver is a good starting point I reckon :slight_smile: Some further Led research is required to better my understanding (last night I learnt about throw :smiley: ) then you.can expect to see me popping up on group buys or FS threads hahaha. Cheers again.

Hi all, not sure if this question is off-topic but where can I get the cheapest Trustfire X7 nowadays?

Thanks in advance.

Check ebay & aliexpress.com

Hi, is the TrustFire X7 reflector the same size as X6?
I’ve found in this thred: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?312240-Review-Trustfire-X6-SST-90-OUTDOOR-BEAM-SHOTS-ADDED
that the X6 reflector is 70x57.7mm deep. Can’t find the dims of X7.
Also do they have a full pill/ no holes under emitter?

It’s 50mm deep and a very nice reflector too. It has an integrated shelf, so no pill, which is actually best for heat transfer. It’s a solid shelf with no holes.

Thank you 18sixfifty. So the X6 seems a bit dipper. I’m looking for a perfect host for XHP mod. :slight_smile:

If you can find it they also make an ultrafire version of the X6 it’s pretty much the same light but if you can find them they cost about half as much as the trustfire one.

Yes but i’ve herd they have hole beneath star: http://minus.com/meQCJkgXWrp7y

Guys if you are looking for X7 good price here is one for you: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S024546
What is with this number of cells? Some say it’s 3x18650, another that it’s 4x18650?
I need four, does this one need two extension tubes or what?
Another thing what is the diameter size of the driver in X7?

It sounds like you’re considering an XHP35 mod. If that’s a genuine Trustfire you linked (and assuming the quality didnt take a plunge), that would be quite a respectable price for an X7. I dont think Ive ever seen an X7 version with 4 x 18650. They are all 3 x 18650. Do you have a link?

I wonder if an additional extension tube could be purchased through Trustfire direct? If you find a source for an extension tube, please post back and let me know. None of the tubes from my other lights will interchange.

Im on vacation and dont have the light handy, but I think the driver was 23mm (same as TR-3T6 driver). Maybe others can chime in.

Exactly-XHP35 :wink:
You mentioned in your first post that your sest contained 4x18650 protected cells, so i thought there is place for them in the flashlight.
I am negotiating kidoman for flashlight plus 2 extensions.

I have reported for Odepro. I think this flashlight looks like the same apperance as S78 which is a high power flashlight.

If so then it’s 26mm as mentioned here: TR-3T6 Replacement driver

I found another thread last night that stated the driver was 23mm (dont remember which one). I can measure mine for you when I return home next week.

Have you found a 17 volt driver that outputs around 13 volts at 2.5 amps?

My light came with 4 cells in the box, but the light can only hold 3 cells maximum with the extension tube.

Please let me know if you are able to buy 2 extra tubes.

So please measure, if it’s not a problem.
About the driver: Looking for XHP35 driver.

I just took apart my X7 for you. The driver is 25mm.