Tryin to figure things out.......

Simply select the text you want to quote and a QUOTE button will pop up. This also works while replying so you can quote multiple users or multiple parts of different posts.

2 Thanks

Thanks man… so much help

Sure thing, thanks for giving it a try.

Oh, and there’s also a “Quote whole post” button, first button in the post editor to the left of [B] .

Posts can’t be empty < so that means you have to quote and then comment too

Two

1 Thank

Hey Bro … good to see you

You too my friend

Yep, that was it. Stylus
Disabled it and things are much clearer…
Although I do prefer a Dark Theme
Are there any plans?
TK?

I dont see that “Topic Controls” drop down in the screen capture.
Am I missing something

They are always in the end of every thread - topic as you can see in my screenshot, at least on my Android phone and olso in a desc top mode too ! Maybe you can find them somewhere else on your side… !?

1 Thank

I can see them on Opera, Brave and Chrome, this reply is with Brave ! (" Maybe it’s better to check out if you have logged in properly… !? ")

1 Thank

Wow, thank you for that, I’ve been going crazy trying to figure that out. That’s seems pretty handy doing it that way if somebody has a longer post and you only want to quote part of it.

2 Thanks

Hi Coscar, there is a dark theme available here under Color scheme :
https://budgetlightforum.com/my/preferences/interface

1 Thank

Yes… thank you. So much better. Increased txt size also.

1 Thank

It looks like you already got everything figured out. The old “BLF After Dark” theme was still active in your browser, but the site underneath it changed, so things didn’t work right. Turning off that theme in Stylus allows it to use the site’s original theme instead… which can be light or dark (or maybe others if sb adds any).

Stylus may still be useful though, if you want to override anything. For example, if you find you keep clicking the “contact the admin” button in the upper right, and want to remove it, you could put a style like this into Stylus:

.header-icon-send-a-private-message-to-the-administrator {
    display: none;
}

… or otherwise select and style whatever you want. For example, @raccoon uses Stylus to change the font, and change the site’s maximum width on a wide screen. Generally people just need to right-click an element, hit “Inspect”, and look for a class name or other unique identifier in the code it shows, then copy that name into Stylus as a CSS selector, and apply a style to it.

FWIW, the new system supports tagging with @, like @Coscar . I won’t get notified just by mentioning “TK”, but with a tag, it tells me someone is trying to get my attention.

It’s also worth clicking the little keyboard icon at the bottom of the sidebar menu, to see what the keyboard shortcuts are.

2 Thanks

Thanks a lot TK for helping out.

Ah, that could be a problem I guess. I just activated an option to space it a bit farther away on desktop browsers.

I don’t think that I have ever contacted the admin on BLF via PM. :innocent:
Is he a nice guy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I don’t think it was a problem. I just used it as a random example of how to remove a page element. It seemed like a good candidate for an example, because it’s simple and won’t break any major functionality.

As for clicking on things, I don’t use a mouse much these days. I generally “click” page elements using Vimium, since it’s quite a bit faster and doesn’t require a pointer. It’s also handy, especially on sites like this which use the same styles for clickable and non-clickable elements, to see at a glance what is clickable and what isn’t.

FYI - I have probably spent 3-4 hours on the ‘new’ site now. At first I was overwhelmed and didnt know what/where to click first, but I have to say the more time I spend here the more fun it is, especially with everyones help. I really need to start a list of all the new features that I have run across because they escape me now… time for that list. My point I guess for any old dogs out there… keep trying, it will get better :partying_face: :beer: :beer: :beer:

4 Thanks

Thanks for saying so @Coscar , really glad to hear that! I also need to make a post with a list of new features. Although some of them may not be very discoverable and/or different from the old methods, this new forum engine beats the old one hands down in terms of features, including for heavy users of the forum.