TS10 mod thread. Post yours!

If you’re looking for a deep carry clip, here’s an option. Note that the clip sticks out about 4mm past the tail so tail standing is not an option unless the light is on the edge of a table, etc. so the clip can hang off. Other than that, the clip fits perfectly. It fits exactly in the groove with no wiggle. The “arms” are maybe a bit too long but you could file or sand those back easily.

The clip comes with a 16340 light attached to it. Here’s the light, but I wouldn’t suggest buying it for the price I currently see here, $10.36. Aliexpress Link

I got the light as part of the “pick 3” Choice deals. The light was $3.99 but you have to buy at least two other things to get that price. Unfortunately I don’t see how to link to the light on the Choice deals, so you may have to browse through them until you see the light I linked above. Here are the Pick 3 Choice deals, link. There are some good modding parts as part of the deal, like a bunch of assorted copper washers for $1.99.

Imgur

2 Thanks

Another possible clip option(Not Tested!):
Note: These have virtually the same dimensions as the E05C clips except the metal is not as thick

$0.69 20%OFF | Black Clip Flashlight Torch Holding Clamp Belt Pocket Clip For Flashlight Body Diameter 18.5mm to 20mm Lighting Accessories

2 Thanks

I’ve got these. Very thin piece of metal, which I think won’t really hold their tension esp if clipped to thicker materials. But they work ok on my TS10s (so far!) Plus, after several days of bringing them on my sweaty runs, I haven’t noticed any corrosion yet.

For the price, one can just buy a few and test them out if it works for your purpose.

1 Thank

thanks for your report… and thanks to INeedMoreLumens for the link.

I ordered a few to test and compare to my favorirte clip for TS10 (thicker, cost more)

3 Thanks

I actually prefer the reversible black Wurkkos on since I carry head up with aux on BattCheck

Started with only one, you know how it goes…

Left to Right:
CuTi with LH531D 4000K; Ti-Blue with original 6000K Emitters (looking for something to swap), custom Anodization; V2 Orange with 519a, 4500k DD

Custom MCPCBs, inspired by @MasterNate, but with RGB Aux

12 Thanks

Outstanding!

1 Thank

Love this. Great work.

2 Thanks

Last night I swapped out the 3 Green aux leds on my Brass TS10.
The original ones looked more YellowGreen than Green to me.

I think it looks better with a Greener Green!

It’s hard to get a great picture of them and this was the closest I could get:

3 Thanks

I did the same thing with 0805 blue LEDs on my brass one

2 Thanks

I used 0603 I was nervous the 0805 were going to be to large.

a little wide but it fits

1 Thank

I replaced the original 6000k LEDs in my ts10 cutits with 24500k+15000k 519a nichia dedomed, thanks Lukas for the board, LEDs and cables

3 Thanks

Congrats! Great to see the 519a getting into more TS10… What is your objective for using one 5000K?

here is one I just received from Lucas. I dont have the eyes to work w tiny Aux myself.

DeDomed 4500K 519a is my favorite Warm option.

1 Thank

I agree with that 100%. I really like my dedomed 5700K TS10. However , I do prefer my 4500K 219B TS10 though.

I saved myself that hassle by not even bothering with the Aux leds as I never use them on any of my lights.

I prefer a CCT ≥4000K. However, I just tried some dedomed 5000K and I was surprised with how much I like it. I suppose next I’ll have to try some dedomed 4500K.

What level was that duv measurement taken? That reading seems kinda high.

that was at 55 lm
I just redid it at higher output:

I dont know why the DUV readings on my Opple 3 have been higher than expected recently. I can only guess that it is because of variations between LEDs.

I only had those :rofl:

1 Thank

Round 2, with a Version 2!
I ended up hating the LH351D, the 519a 4500k is just too good not to have. I’m also waiting on some FFL351, they seem pretty promising.

Polished both of the titanium lights, the blue anodisation is even more vibrant after polishing

Revision 2 of the PCB, slightly easier to solder the tiny wires for the RGB this time

Bottom 519a 4500k DD; Top Osram W1

As you can see, I ordered a couple more boards this time, so if anyone is interested in modding their own TS10, PM me :wink:

9 Thanks

Damn, that blue really pops after polishing. I normally prefer stonewashed Ti, but that looks really good.

1 Thank

Copied over from the other modding thread, but yet another hotrod mod and an improvement for a previous mod:

2 Thanks